Manual Controls in System Editor?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eroticburrito, July 25, 2014.

1. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I've done some searches and checked the confirmed features list but can't find much on this.
    I remember reading a while ago that this isn't a priority, and I wouldn't expect it to be 1.0 material.
    Nonetheless, I enjoy using the System Editor and this haunts my head when I occasionally find myself wishing for a few more tools. Procedural stuff is awesome, but so is the freedom to turn a planet into a iceberg-porcupine.

What do Uber think about eventually having manual controls in the System Edtior which allow us to manually drop terrain features, determine height range on specified areas and define water-filled zones?
    Is this something you guys would be interested in creating some day, or are these 'Map-Editor' features modder territory?

Ta for reading,
    Burrito out.
    SatanPetitCul and cdrkf like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

PA maps are generated from a series of parameters. I doubt that this would be possible without a compete rework of the map generation system.

Besides, we all know that you'll get win just by using the seed 3348. What's the need? ;)
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. eroticburrito

[​IMG]
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

So there are a few things we need to do to make this possible. I designed the original system so we could move towards this model, that should happen over time.
    ace63, shootall, Remy561 and 5 others like this.
  5. eroticburrito

awesome, adj.
    Pronunciation: /ˈɔːsəm/
    Forms: Also 15–18 awsome, 16 awsom.
    awe n.1 + -some suffix2.

1. What you just said.
    2014 - neutrino, in Manual Controls in System Editor? Post #4:
    Cool to hear you guys want to see this happen :D
    Last edited: July 25, 2014
    cdrkf likes this.