Manhattan Project: Helios delivers Manhattans to your doorstop!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by doomrater, August 26, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Taking the site down due to cost reasons is fair enough, although it's a shame @brianpurkiss is leaving PA. I knew he had disagreements with various people, however I didn't realise it was to the extent your suggesting?! I mean my experience was Brian gave as good as he got- opinionated people (and I include myself in that category) disagree on many things, that shouldn't mean we don't get along though if you follow...
    igncom1 and Bsport like this.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the manhattan is already not transportable so teleporting is the only way .. and if it isn't manhattans it would be vanguards, infernos and locusts .. no the helios needs the nerf/fix
  3. huangth

huangth Active Member

Manhattans
    In 86422, the nuke price is 30000 metal rather than 50000.
    The 50000 metal is the old price in 85423.

Since the price of nuke is reduced to 30K, it is worth to use the nuke to trade for enemy halley or catalytic.
    But the nuke is still not cost effectively against Titans such as Ares or Altas with 80K and 40K HP.

Here I propose a new idea to balance the Manhattans with Helios drop.
    Let the anti nuke shoot it down!
    We should treat the Manhattans as a normal nuke missile when it falls down from the orbit.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

does't fall it immidiatly spawns on the ground beneath the helios
  5. huangth

huangth Active Member

If the enemy drops the ground force first rather than the Manhattans first,
    the fight becomes ground units vs ground units.
    In my experience, the Helios' drop not always guarantee to success.
    I have tried to drop in the center of enemy factories,
    but the teleported units soon got killed by enemy's ground units, and the Helios is shot down later.
    Sometimes it is a safer way to drop in the empty place rather than in enemy base,
    but Manhattans can't cause any problem to enemy in this situation since it needs to walk to enemy base.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It was public knowledge - most just didn't take the time to look for it.
    We all had disagreements at some point. Brian was pushed out because he didn't agree with the popular opinion at the time. It happens, but it's also something we should learn from. This shouldn't be allowed to happen again.
    igncom1, stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  7. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

Why not just make the Manhattan do orbital damage? That would make this strategy a bit more risky, while still allowing for an expensive means of breaking planet turtles' shells.
  8. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I see this as a perfectly fine strategy.
    Antiglow likes this.
  9. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Ok, so to get your first nuke missile out is 46.8k metal, launcher + missile
    then as a fair comparison it's what, 3.6k for the factory and 8k for the Manhattan? So you're talking 11.6k all told for first Manhattan

Still weighs in at slightly less than 1/4 the price for a Manhattan vs Nuke, and I'd still double the ManHat cost given that a single ManHat can do what a single Nuke cannot

EDIT: I've actually had it pointed out to me that the ManHat's 1-shot killing commanders was not intended. Given this, I'mma go a ahead and rubbish my own suggestion as being too nerfy
    Last edited: August 29, 2015
  10. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

this thread is a double post (look before posting)
    so I am going to just quote myself

Last edited: August 29, 2015
  11. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member