Make juice harder to get.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Miracle, March 9, 2011.

1. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I don't know what game you're playing, but it's not the same one I've been playing. When I play Assassin, I go after targets that I'm very sure won't be able to retaliate before I back grapple them. Unless it's a Tank or overhealed Gunner, whoever I back grapple is dead.

I'd much rather play a Juice heavy game as Juiced players are an actual threat to my defensive playstyle. If Juice is removed or changed to be even harder to obtain, I would become bored as most naturally aggressive players would be encouraged to be more passive, and I would then have very little that threatens my playstyle. I don't know about you, but I enjoy a challenge, not a stalemate or steamroll.

Juice offers the winning team the incentive to remain aggressive, and offers the losing team a challenge to overcome. If the losing team is able to conquer this challenge, then they will begin to regain ground and may become the winning team. The losing team are not simply "free kills", they just simply choose to not run or take an appropriate response such as attempting a ringout.

Opponents Juice chaining makes me smile, as it gives me a great challenge to overcome. I must simply get into a position that gives me an advantage over the Juicer so I may stop them.
  2. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Another potential solution: You can only buy juice after you've upgraded 2 skills to level 3.
  3. F5in

F5in New Member

People can still get juice normally. Maybe people should start using their juice on turrets (especially Assassin and Gunner) instead of being idiots with it. Either juice needs to be disabled, the price needs to become ridiculously high, or the cooldown needs to be WAY longer.
  4. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

If you juice you should only be able to kill bots and turrets?
  5. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Which is of course terrible, because I don't want to waste money on a skill I don't really need as assassin.
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

Did I say that? No. I'm just saying if you want to win, it would be wiser to destroy turrets if there are any.
  7. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

1) Juice is a necessary aspect of this game. As Sensitivepsycho said, Defense can NEVER be stronger than Offense in this game. It would quite literally ruin it.

2) It's too accessible. That's the biggest problem. A slight decrease in how much you get for meleeing bots, up the price each time you buy it, or decrease it's offensive capabilities against Pros a bit. These are the three main things that make it such a pain.
  8. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

hum.... im not sure where you think i was talking to you but... yea i wasn't.
  9. F5in

F5in New Member

Now here's a juice-chaining Assassin that really loves to juice chain! :D
    Personally, I upgrade 3 (or all) of my skills to 3 as Assassin, because they help you do your job.

Sorry Intervention, but every sign I saw pointed towards you talking to me. Perhaps you should quote more. If it was a suggestion to the topic, your sentence was bad for notioning thus.
  10. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Juice HAS to be in this game.
    Buying Juice HAS to be in this game.

However, I feel meleeing for juice should be removed.

With just juice boxes and bullets it could be better.

Juice time can be shortened.
    Juice effects can be altered.
  11. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I main gunner and I'll either hear assassins humming if they sneak up on me cloaked, or burning from my jetpack if not because they can't grapple me as I'm hopping around. Assassins are rarely a threat no matter what class I play and the only time they trouble me is when they're killing my bots and then juice-killing my turrets.

Once I've built up juice I'll hit it just outside your base and come in firing mortars, instantly killing you, your teammates, two or three of your turrets and your firebase. Then head back to the dispenser and buy another one and go do the same on the other side of your base if I didn't get all the turrets. Then either buy another one or build up juice off bots and the moneyball and keep hold of that for emergencies, making me pretty much invincible. That's not challenging to play against, it's overpowered imo.

I'm not kidding myself that juice will be removed from the game. But the argument that it would make turtling teams too strong is moot. You rebalance the game to counter that. Give unjuiced players a slight boost against turrets.
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Yes, but I don't want an unjuiced player to take out my Lv 3 Rock-it and Shaveice without some effort. Some extremely substantial effort, coordinated with another teammate or two.

Not without juice, or any of this.
  13. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

After reading through all of this I must say balancing juice must be a pain in the butt for the developers.

I'd like to know how this balancing process took place in the first, like releaseversion.
  14. MarkyX

MarkyX New Member

Stop being so bad that you allow the other people to get juiced.

Problem solved.
  15. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

^^^ :lol:

Ah, ignorance is a bliss.
  16. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

If juice was made harder to get all the crappy people who struggle to do anything in a game without chaining at least 5 juices would get raped and leave the game, sounds good to me.

To me juice is like making a Rolls Royce (this great game) then smearing dog **** all over it (juice).
  17. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Sure, that's part of balancing it. Although if they require "substantial effort, coordinated with another teammate or two" you'll be screwed if two defensive supports are turtling and healing the same turret. There are lots of other options. Make turrets more easily killable but reduce their price for example. Juice just seems like a really cheap and annoying solution to turtling.

It's a pointless debate though. I'm sure Juice is here to stay, so some of the other suggestions to limit its use are probably more viable.

What a beautiful mental image that conjured up. Thanks for that ;)
  18. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Well I was going to get a glass of apple juice but read this first :shock:
  19. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Ohhh NO! I guess your new.
  20. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

what if , first purchase you get full bar , second is 3 quarters, third is half and all other purchases are 1 quarter only? all the same 500$ price