[mac] menu button at end of game does not work

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by toric55, October 24, 2014.

1. toric55

toric55 Member

ever since they came out with the new end game UI, the return to many button at the end of the game has not worked. mac OS X yosmite. any ideas or workarounds?
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Post your DxDiag. Someone might be able to help then.
  3. toric55

toric55 Member

isn't that a windows thing? couldn't find it. my post did say I'm on OS X. if you want my system specs, here they are:
    processor: 2.6GHz Intel Core i7
    memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    graphics: NVIDA GeForce Gt 650M 1024MB

as for the graphics drivers, apple provides them with the system updates. i just got a minor update yesterday, so i doubt its that.

if you want the log, here it is. (i do have quite a few mods installed, but they don't affect this problem, or at least not visibly.)

http://pastebin.com/ucD96jYb

i think it may be something to do with the mouse constraint thing near the end. while your at it, should i be worried about the particle overflows or the info errors at the beginning of the game?
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

My goodness, that's a lot of errors about the particle system in there. But that's probably unrelated to the return to main menu button. What happens when you click it? Nothing, or does it return you to a black screen?
    Could you try starting PA with the --nomods flag? Does it work then? (Actually, I wonder it that would solve your annihilazer problem as well)

Also, isn't Yosemite still under development? It hasn't been released by Apple yet, has it?

(And, yeah dxdiag is a Windows thing. Silly brandonpotter. :))
  5. toric55

toric55 Member

Yosemite was just released last week, and i think the particle errors may be from the awesome projectiles mod. (hopefully.) anyway, how do you start PA with flags? and whats the syntax? is it --nomods? --nomods--? -nomods-? tried googel, couldn't find anything, so i apologize if there is already a guide.
  6. DeathByDenim

Ah, right. For the UberLauncher, you can just click on your name and select "Build options...". You'll see two streams, "stable" and "PTE". Just type --nomods in the additional command-line options field for the stable stream.
  7. toric55

toric55 Member

well. it works, so now to go through my extensive list of mods to try to find the offender. drat.
  8. DeathByDenim

Does it also fix your problem with selecting the first planet in the planet drop down list? And annihilazering and such?
  9. toric55

toric55 Member

fixs selecting, haven't tried using a metal planet. ill do that once I've got autofacory and hotbuild2 running. (my 2 essential mods) that way i can actually have a game while testing.