Lore question on Ships (Hyper Speculative)

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by CrazyVulcan, May 24, 2014.

1. CrazyVulcan

CrazyVulcan Active Member

The backers lounge seems rather quiet as most use the general section since 90% on this forum have the game. But I am posting this here just to avoid any problems.

In GC the systems lore mentions a lot about space combat between the Progeneratiors and others. I know of one talking of fitting a merchant fleet with weapons and even included notes about battleships and carriers. Is adding space fleet combat something being pitched/worked on? Or am I reading too deep into the fluff?

Mind I am fine picturing my commander in standby mode rocketing though the years of space travel until it lands on the surface then beginning combat mode.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The whole idea of Commanders is that transporting a single commander is a heck of a lot simpler than trying to send big complex ships or transporting armies around.

Also when you look at things within a single system Orbital mostly plays like space ships already >.>

Mike
    thepastmaster likes this.