Lore Question for the Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by meir22344, June 20, 2014.

1. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

What type of aliens are the Xziphid supposed to be in the lore and do they use similar technology to the progenitors???.
  2. mkhusker

mkhusker Member

I figured it was time I jump into the forums and start answering some questions people have about the lore.

In the Galactic War, a player can eventually discover a system called Blogar's Fist, where I describe the Xziphid armor as having a "insect appearance". Blogar, after punching through the armor became the first human to see what the Xziphid really looked like underneath it all. I purposely left it up to the player to conjure their own image of the Xziphid. Does this mean they will never be "officially" revealed? Never say never. :)

As for the tech the Xziphid use, there are some areas where they are more advanced than the Coalition. The Hive ships would be a prime example of this. The tactics used by the Hegemony could best be described as "shock and awe" the first few decades of the Century War. Humanity, in their expansion across the galaxy had never encountered advanced beings, so imagine their horror when the first time they find "ET" it turns out to be highly aggressive and thinks humans are pretty tasty. :eek:
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

Th
    Thanks I'm designing a commander and race skin pack based off of the Xziphid