Lore! Faction #3 - Faction Leader Name Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, December 18, 2013.

?

What Should The Third Faction's Leader's Name Be?

1. Erom the Wise

37 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Synchron the Tranquil

99 vote(s)
    17.5%
  3. Nyar the Unifier

183 vote(s)
    32.3%
  4. Metrarch the Machinist

248 vote(s)
    43.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keterei

keterei Active Member

I don't care for these names. I like the irony of Synchron the Tranquil, but I feel like a commander should simply have a one word name. I chose synchronous for faction name, so I would combine state and rule to make Synchronarch. Synchronous and matriarch combined. It gives the commander an impersonal tone which I think fits best with it's goals of purgee. I imagine this commander to have an auto-pilot hive mentality.
    Devak likes this.
  2. vittra

vittra New Member

Agreed. This commander holds a grudge, but providing it with a name provides personification, while being impersonal imparts a sinister, cold aspect of this particular commander and faction.

It should either have a one word name that is not particularly personalized, or simply a title with no name at all - "The Machinist", "The Tranquil", "The Unifier"

As such, I can't vote for any of the current options.
  3. Devak

Devak Post Master General

i like this too: Synchronarch sounds so much better than any of the other options
  4. darklloyd

darklloyd New Member

Well I voted, in the faction name thread, for the Scourge. Because that's what this guy wants. To sweep away all biologic's from the galaxy, and replace it with a sterile machine landscape. A Pristine, orderly, unified, mechanical paradise.
  5. DeathToARM

DeathToARM New Member

I like Synchron the Tranquil it fits with The Synchronous as the faction name.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Nyar the Unifier says the most about his goals.
  7. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

While I do like the Unifer, since it speaks more about his goals, I'm going with
    Metrarch the Machinist. I like Metrarch more as a name, and Machinist could also explain his goals.
  8. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Tim the terrible! lol
  9. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I must say they all are fine. I would be okay with any of them but some are clever such as Erom the wise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.