Looking PA Tracker volunteers

Discussion in 'Support!' started by LennardF1989, June 10, 2013.

1. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

As you've all noticed, PA uses this site to keep track of all the bugs, rather than the forum. I appreciate that the large amount of people actually using it rather than the forum. However, since it went online a few days back, we've had nearly 900 bug reports.

This is great, but it also brings a lot of moderation with it. Currently it's just me, nanolathe and raevn and we could use another few pair of hands keeping the tracker clean of invalid and duplicate issues.

I'm therefor looking for volunteers who can help us with this. Based on your activity on the tracker I will send you a PM with instructions and our "protocol" (it sounds worse than it is ;)) and promote your account on the tracker to "Project Manager", giving you access to the back-end where you can add new categories for tasks, but also add new versions in case I'm not around to do it.

Please send me a PM or leave a message here in case you're interested.

Keep in mind even though you won't have time to keep an eye on the tracker, we truely appreciate you leaving comments and requesting tasks to be closed on the tracker, as it helps us speed things up greatly.

Thanks,
    Lennard
    shootall likes this.
  2. stonesand

stonesand New Member

I'm interested! CS degree, and MS in AI. Pre-ordered TA, and have the t-shirt to prove it. I own and run a national IT company, too. Happy to help!
    shootall likes this.
  3. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

I'm interested too! Already watching the tracker. I would be very proud contributing in PA in any possible way. :)
    shootall likes this.
  4. irregularprogramming

irregularprogramming Member

Sure, I can help in keeping an eye on it.
    shootall likes this.
  5. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

hi LennardF1989

i am very interested, i was actually doing the exact same "job" and QA, plus that i created my self an easy tracker we used for the Command & Conquer games back then.

it was this one:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.cnc.com.gr (currently under re-hosting)

regards
    V7
    Last edited: October 9, 2013
    shootall likes this.
  6. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

I would defiantly be interested in keeping the Bug Tracker clean. I think it's a great way to do things.
    shootall likes this.
  7. LegionDarrath

LegionDarrath Member

I wouldn't mind helping out, it's not like I don't already have it open in a tab all the time so I might as well pay attention to it haha
    shootall likes this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'd be happy to help out if you need more pairs of hands.

I moderate a couple of forums and do a lot of general tidying-up of things, so I like to think I could be of some use to you.
    shootall likes this.
  9. ragequit24

ragequit24 New Member

I would be interested in helping out. Let me know
    shootall likes this.
  10. Nahtonaj

Nahtonaj Member

I will be willing to help also. :D Surfing through all the bug posts should be easy to spot duplicates.
    shootall likes this.
  11. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

12. Nahtonaj

Nahtonaj Member

Hey, creativity stems from the Insane. :D
  13. Nelec

Nelec Member

Nice, I REALLY like this game. I would be definitely willing to help you guys out with the tracker. Anything that improves the game is worth putting time and effort into :D
    shootall likes this.
  14. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

well if we keep like that,at the end, the users "moderating" the tracker will become more than the ones playing the game and posting on it bugs :p :lol: :lol:
  15. Sonic4Spuds

Sonic4Spuds New Member

If you can still use more people, I could help out.
    shootall likes this.
  16. theggman

theggman Member

I wouldn't mind helping out on this front, anything to help the game move forward. However I'm not sure how much time I'll have to put aside to it. Looks like you have a lot of other volunteers though :)
    shootall likes this.
  17. k4trix

k4trix Member

Hello,

I would be pleased to formalize what i'm actually doing since 2-3 days :)
    shootall likes this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am going through those bugs every now and then anyway, requesting closure of duplicates. So yeah, I would help, too.
    shootall likes this.
  19. genmalid

genmalid New Member

I would be more than happy to volunteer. I have not used the tracker yet, but I have experience in quality assurance and project evaluation and testing, I am sure I would be an asset to you. Besides, this kind of work load meshes with my schedule quite nicely.
    shootall likes this.
  20. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I can lend a hand reading and sorting reports. Would probably motivate me to reproduce bugs and get more practice in.
    shootall likes this.