Look at it this way

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by philoscience, August 20, 2015.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

All kinds of folks complaining and ranting about what Uber should have done, this or that. All I know is I paid 14$ and got a kick *** expansion. I haven't slept in two days because it's that good. It makes the salty tears all the better to know none of these people are actually getting to enjoy Titans. We got a great expansion at a great price, and all this tasty drama!

I do feel bad for jables though. These guys worked there butts off trying to save PA and vocal minority are doing their darnest to take a steaming dump on that.

I say we all collectively ignore them, and go back to discussing how great this game has become.
  2. thompsonshunter

thompsonshunter New Member

There are at least 754 people on Change.org giving this game all the credence it deserves. What you're asking is for everyone to stick their heads in the sand.
  3. philoscience

That's at least 754 idiots, so who gives a rats *** what they think? Anyone who's actually played the expansion knows it kicks ***. That's like arguing the people who post comments on youtube have valid opinions.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

There's several times that many people who think the Earth is literally flat. Doesn't mean they have anything noteworthy to say.

People are demanding that the devs hand over something for free. Now I'm not sure if you know this or not, but making games is HARD. It's expensive, it's time consuming, and on a technical level it can be very tricky.

And now all this work they've put in doesn't deserve money because...why?

If your boss told you you weren't getting a paycheck this week because he's already paid you before the first thing you'd do was call a government department to seek legal action.
    stuart98, Ksgrip, devoh and 4 others like this.
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I believe people are complaining about the cash grab attitude and not the quality of the patch. I'm delighted about the patch. It looks great but it doesn't change the fact that it splits the gaming community and possibly ruins the chance of this great game being as popular as I think it should be.
  6. philoscience

Clopse, i'm really disappointed and surprised to see this attitude from you. Cash grab? You mean charging 14$ for a massive expansion to a game that was - clearly - otherwise totally dead without it. Do you honestly think Uber is sitting on money chairs over this? What do you think would have happened to PA. Where was it going? This expansion is BIGGER than the original TA expansion and CHEAPER. The 'cash grab' mantra is absurd. A cash grab would be if uber had tried to suddenly implement pay to win or similiar. This is legit, worth paying for content.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I have to agree with @philoscience here unfortunately. Basically everything he said there.

So 21 new units a host of new improvements 150 new csg etc for $15 is a cash grab?
    I do not understand where you are coming from.
    No I do not see this splitting the community either as PA: T owners are fully capable of playing with PA owners. Also how would you suggest Uber go about actually keeping their employees paid and company running?
    stuart98, FSN1977 and cdrkf like this.
  8. Geers

WHY WITH MAGIC OF COURSE! THAT'S HOW ECONOMICS WORKS! SUPPLY & DE-MAGIC!
  9. philoscience

If only uber could sell salty tears - they'd be rich!
  10. Clopse

It's just an honest opinion. It is a cash grab. I know it was needed to fund the project. Uber have mentioned this and I understand it. But to not see how this would split the community is shortsighted.

This is content that has been withheld from the original game over the past few months which made the player base dwindle to the low levels as people just wernt happy with the gaming experience it gave.
  11. Geers

You're starting to sound a little tin-foil hatty there.

And as someone said earlier, there is crossplay between PA and Titans. I don't think SupCom and FA had that but everyone still loved those to bits.
    stuart98, Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  12. philoscience

First of all, can you please define a cash grab? Because it sounds like "adding content for money", which I think is the definition of game development.

Second, they haven't been 'withholding content'. PA was dying, and not because of a lack of new units. In the past year they added ladders, custom maps, new water units, asteroids... PA was dying because it had grown stale. No growth, no income. An expansion is a brilliant way to change that. They can generate new revenue, new reviews, and take the game in a very different direction. What do you propose? They should have trickled these units into the base game as they came online? Where do you think that would have gotten us? A dead game is where.
    stuart98, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  13. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Serious question here.
    How much more content do you think should have been added by Uber, and remember the getting paid thing. One model especially the new more complex model types aren't easy to do, then you have texturing, rigging, animation, implementation (This is from my experience on the modding side of things).

Also that argument appears to be faulty to me clopse as you could effectively apply that to any game that has recieved an expanions be it Supreme commander, command and conquer, dawn of war, total annihilation and etcetera. There is a point where it is not viable to continue adding content to a game without putting it into some kind of addon, unless you got crazy lucky like the Minecraft devs in and have a constant stream of income allowing for the addition of new content without asking anything more.
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It isn't a cash grab. What the **** Clopse. In WHAT WAY are they attempting to rip you off for cash? This expansion looks legit to me.
    stuart98, Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  15. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

So titan players can play with PA classic players, so please @clopse explain how that splits the community.
    stuart98, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  16. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

If this is a cash grab I'd like to ask uber to grab more cash. I will very happily buy another update as good as this one for 3 times the price at which I bought this one. Whatever emotionally loaded but logically meaningless labels you want to put on this new content it is a very good deal.

Of course this is my personal opinion. Others might not like the content provided as much as I do.
    stuart98, cdrkf and philoscience like this.
  17. Clopse

I think it's a cash grab and you don't. That's cool. Relax. I think the units and features they added should have just been in the original game.

People can claim entitlement but I claim that uber were entitled to deliver this quality from the beginning without the added super units (minus the orbital teleporter as that was needed)

**** I'm just as happy as you guys are with the patch but I understand and agree with some of the negative feedback that has been given.

Edit: it splits the community cause why would anyone in their right mind play opa when Titans is an option.
  18. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

@clopse, as you've just basically said, i paid some money, i want all content for free, forever? because all future content would be covered by "epic battles and epic this and that " and thats what it boils down to doesn't it, but isn't that the very opposite of supporting development? I mean serious how would any company keep the lights on doing that. So you can confuse the issue by talking about splitting the community, but that doesn't cover the fact you feel entitled to, "Free content, forever" because were does it stop? with your line of reasoning any content ever needs to be free because it would split the community?
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  19. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I am DELIGHTED that Uber found a way to extend the life of development of PA/PA: Titans. It's funny because I got it for free as a backer.. but I will also buy a few copies @ 66% off for some friends because it will help keep PA being developed. I'm curious are there really people that plan on only playing PA and not playing Titans? Will it honestly fragment the community? or will it actually make it stronger?
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. philoscience

I think the "fragment the community" argument everyone keeps throwing around is truly a red herring. The community was practically dead before the expansion. I checked in here regularly and posts on both the sub and forum had slowed to a crawl. When i'd check the games lobby there was virtually nothing going. People asking again and again for games in the PA stats chat. This game was DEAD without this expansion. There was no community to fragment.
    Bsport, Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.