Long time to Join Game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Iznogoody, September 28, 2014.

1. Iznogoody

Iznogoody New Member

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out, if there is a solution elsewhere on the forum sorry for repost but cant find what im looking for.

When i try to join a game it takes like two minuetes to join by which time the game is full or has already started, is this a common issue?

I have had this game for over a year now bought it on steam for £50 because i love TA and wanted to see more games like it. Love the game its awesome but would really like to be able to actually play it again.

Also one last thing, like i said i pay £50 for game and now you bring out extra stuff which i dont get, i spread the word about this game to a lot of gamers around where i live and they love it too, but i cant help but feel a little raped when i dont get anything as a bonus for it £50 is a lot of money to me and i expected a small return but instead i feel betrayed by ube. If cavedog entertainment would be turning in its grave if it found out how you treat people who are truly passionate about the 'annihilation series'.

Thanks
    Pete
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well sometimes the delay is kind of long.

could we have your dxdiag.txt please?
  3. Iznogoody

Iznogoody New Member

here it is

Attached Files:

4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

welp appart for a four-month old graphics driver i see no issue.

you sure it's 2 minutes watch in hand? the thing is as soon as you start joining a lobby you're generating the system which makes PA lag.

Perhaps UBER can look into making the lobby UI more skippy.
  5. Iznogoody

Iznogoody New Member

That would be great if you could make it more skippy :)

yes two mins at least to join most games i will try reinstall to see if that helps, possibility it could be my internet connection that runs at 350kbps tops as i live in the mountains, but i havent had problems with that before when joining games a few months ago. Hopefully sort that out later this weekendb as my sat dish is arriving :D
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

If you use steam, do the following;

Right click in library, options.
    Go to browse local content (3rd tab or zo)
    Rightclick pa.exe
    Go to compatibility tab
    Click "launch as administrator"
    Go tot aforementioned PA.exe
    Launch directly from this PA.exe

When loading a system, wait untill the UI and everything is loaded proper. Dont click or zoom. Then, play. Actions during the system load will cause huge lag.

Hope this helps. It cut my load time from 5minutes tot 30 seconds for the pax prime 2014 system

Something similar may work if you use the uberlauncher
  7. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Spending £50 and having a few troubles playing a computer game makes you feel a little bit raped? Wow.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. jvickers

jvickers Member

Speeding up the lobby would be a great improvement. At the moment it takes so long that some peoples' first impression is that there are no games. It would be best if you could get the lobby working at a real-time speed, or very close to it. Ideally a player would load the game, click 'lobby', and there the games are, seemingly instantaneous.

Perhaps this could be implemented by having an Uber server carry out caching and polling on the available games list frequently. Maybe this would update every 5s. Also, the initial request to load the lobby data could be made at the moment the game starts. The multiplayer lobby data could be continually updated in the background while the title screen is showing, so that the available games can appear instantly when that screen is accessed.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You got the Theta commander, no?