Livestream TODAY! 11AM! Drop Your Questions Here!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 26, 2013.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

aside from getting a energyboost from gasgiants via gasminevacuums and be limited to orbitalplay only on them can you tell us about what the in-orbit-factory will further add to orbital gameplay?

is there any chance that you might decide putting the orbital launcher to basic instead of advanced for reducing the time it takes for encounters on matches were each player has his own starting planet once that is in?

do you think large spaceship-ish orbital transports/carriers with ftl drive would be a good idea as an inbetween option for transfering larger ammounts of units aside from unitcannons or teleporters

keep rockin uber !!! \m/ ^^ \m/
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  2. GMoon777

GMoon777 New Member

I have found that the game ends when you go to another planet, if the person has built up the planet defences well with lots of umbrellas, there is no way to attack unless you can smash another planet or moon into them, if you cant do this the game is stopped, since you cannot transport troops to that planet, my question is, Are you going to add spaceships that can fight and transport units ?
  3. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

Will we be able to delete/move queued build items without deleting an entire build Q for a fabber?
  4. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Can we just clarify that most people understand units to be distinct from structures.

As for my question - there has been some chatter on the forums about smart unit AI. This ranges from large scale (playing co-op with the AI managing everything ala Rise of Nations.), to smart automation of certain systems and also ranges to small scale stuff, like limited individual unit AI ala Earth 2150.

Essentially units do actions which make sense. So a fabber in an army will automatically repair damaged units.

To what extent could this be implemented?

(Feel free to paraphrase)

Question number 2

Can we get some commands to split a selection in half? I.e. you have 10 bots selected, command reduces selection to 5, then 2, then 1?
    Quitch and drz1 like this.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That's a neat idea.
    LavaSnake, drz1 and cwarner7264 like this.
  6. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

Are there any plans to make the Halleys flame spout parallel to the other halleys, instead of perpendicular to the planet surface...?
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Brad, I guess that as usual, there will not be enough time to answer all questions.
    but could you then take all the questions, and when you have time, summarize all the answers in in sticky thread, so that everyone is happy and anyone new to this place can probably find an answer to his questions ?
    stormingkiwi and stuart98 like this.
  8. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Will there be height variations on the planets: hills, mountains, ramps, choke points similar to the Desert Biome concept that actually effect gameplay(height differences that affect units' weapon systems)?
    Uber please show us something awesome Tom to calm our fears about pa!
    Last edited: November 27, 2013
    drz1 likes this.
  9. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

Both your questions have been discussed a lot in the forums. The devs have even had some input.
    The long and short of it is no and no.
    drz1 likes this.
  10. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

updated my first post (2nd post overall xD) with 2 new questions
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

What time does the livestream start? (Not in the OP)

This is also not meant to be read out :p
  12. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Could you sketch the overall plan or priorities for the coming month or so?

there's technical payback or something but aside from that?
  13. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

As of some time ago, we stopped being able to build on top of plateaus. Why has this been removed, and will it ever be back?
    shadeusx, ace63 and Quitch like this.
  14. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

I would say my biggest concern is new units. It seems you wanted to have a full release before Christmas with no news about new units yet. And there will still be several balance issues to iterate through.

Can you give us some idea what types of units you are looking to implement? (Other than the gate and the unit cannon.)

Also, we have not seen anything about the next faction story line. I have a suggestion here.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/a-faction-suggestion-the-imperfect.53606/
  15. steve098

steve098 New Member

will you be able to use halleys to move small moon etc into orbits around other planets so you can use them as staging areas/battle moons ?
  16. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

This has been confirmed for quite a while. A definite yes.

I don't want to be rude, but perhaps you could have done a search before posting. I'm not usually the guy who goes around telling people to search first, but this is talked about pretty often and on live stream Q&A sessions we only have very limited time to get questions answered. Seems like it would be better to prioritize questions which don't have answers already readily available!
  17. Zrayl

Zrayl New Member

- Commanders death always means game over. In the futur could we continue playing without commander if we have construction bots.

- will you make a building or unit which stealth us from radars?

- will it be possible to change direction of buildings when you are placing them?
  18. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

a) Yes, currently we are playing an assassination game type. It has been confirmed we will get more games types before release. I'm sure the total destruction of the enemy side will be one of the victory conditions.

b) Fair question.

c) You already can. Hold down left click and move your mouse.

And see my above post.
  19. Zrayl

Zrayl New Member

ohh, thank you cmdandy for your answers
    cmdandy likes this.
  20. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I don't know for sure, but I heard that a 3rd party said PA would be released in December. (Kinda funny since updates only get out when Uber is happy about them.)

Questions:
    1. Can you confirm PA release for December? Or confirm that there is no release date yet.

2. Neutrino would you share you vision of orbital?
    - How do you see early game orbital?

3. (Request)Do a Game status dump on the life stream, most players that watch the live stream aren't on the forum.

4. Your look on Global chat.

5. Do you like the scale? (mountain with snow is the same height as the commander)

EDIT:
    6. How do you vision the UI. Anything on this is appriciated.