livestream this september 5 at 10AM Pacific

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 3, 2014.

1. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

can you cast a dynamic alliances FFA game of say 20 Uber staff, as a launch event and a tease of whats to come.

how many custom commanders have you made - i.e. are their further ones than in the armoury? (and how long do you think it will take the community to hunt them all down and post pics)?

now you have done a spherical map, would you ever go back? (spherical tower defence maps, made up sports game akin to rugby/bloodbowl/frozen endzone)

could we get a few stats - most nukes in a non modded game, most units, biggest planet generated etc?
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Wait, where would the nanolathe gun/weapon even go on a pony commander? o_O
  3. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

For me the number one issue with the game right now is the various bugs associated with the lobby. I'd really love to know when we can expect a serious pass on the lobby to ring out the remaining bugs with games not being visible, slots not being accessible, and other assorted weird edge cases.
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Is the unit roster complete? if not, how big could it get/what kind of new units could we see? (example. air-bots or buildings)
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The.. horn I guess?
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. tehtrekd

Maketh sense.
  7. adoghost

adoghost Active Member

i dont want to create a new thread so....

17:47

awesome interview
    Remy561, Alpha2546 and cdrkf like this.
  8. tehtrekd

Scathis you so cray.
    EdWood, aevs, adoghost and 2 others like this.
  9. linike860

linike860 Uber Alumni

As of two weeks ago:

Code:
        4182 text files.
        3940 unique files.
        1435 files ignored.
    http://cloc.sourceforge.net v 1.62  T=8.32 s (411.9 files/s, 75902.1 lines/s)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Language                           files          blank        comment           code
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C++                                  689          44771          16017         192812
    JSON                                1461           1176              0         113919
    Javascript                           262           9291           5366          62347
    C/C++ Header                         597          16736           7467          60159
    WiX source                             2             14             28          23285
    CSS                                   63           2539            436          13590
    Python                                58           3032            628          13305
    C                                      3           1669           1430          10911
    HTML                                  66            698           1229           8270
    C#                                    53            892           1379           7207
    F#                                   140           1736           3332           2337
    XML                                    1              0              0           1502
    MSBuild script                         5              0             28            798
    Objective C++                          4            154             14            395
    Bourne Shell                           7             82             59            341
    DOS Batch                              6             10              0            143
    ASP.Net                                8              7              0            107
    WiX string localization                1              0              0              6
    Windows Resource File                  2              1              0              2
    SUM:                                3428          82808          37413         511436

10. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

Brad posted today that Offline mode would be coming in "soon after launch."

Maybe we could get a specific time frame in the live stream? Soon as in days, weeks, months?

Also, the devs should demonstrate a 10v10 game on the same servers we play on.
  11. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

ARRRGGGHH i'll be at school
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

I'd like to know if you plan to create animation for loading/unloading an astreus or air transport, and also if you plan to make units entering orbital of another planet not look so janky (how they instantly teleport to where you ordered them as soon as they hit the orbital layer).
  13. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see something from Steve Thompson. I always loved him showing (art) stuff on the previous livestreams.
    Schulti likes this.
  14. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I'd like to know the status on everything terrain related (mostly cliffs though, as usual). Is there anything interesting in the works? Planned for the near future? Planned long term? Possible but unplanned? Very briefly considered in a drowsy stupor one morning before your morning coffee?
    ace63, cdrkf, Antiglow and 2 others like this.
  15. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

Could you give us an idea on how you play to support PA beyond release? That is to say with expansions/updates/balances/patches etc. I'm sure many are eager to hear how additional content might be delivered.
    icycalm likes this.
  16. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Continuing from the above question, would you consider a second Kickstarter? inXile did a second one before the first one was even released. You could tie up all loose ends with the current release and then Kickstart a sequel, or maybe even just an expansion pack, if you judge that the community is not ready for a sequel. I didn't back the original, but I sure as hell would back anything you pitch now with the word annihilation in it!
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

3am Sunday morning. Fun.
  18. aevs

aevs Post Master General

You must be off by at least a day; the 5th is Friday.
    Raevn and stuart98 like this.
  19. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Nice, last PA-stream i saw was the one around the ending kickstarter campaign. Watching was a lot of fun, so i'll make sure to take a look at the release-stream.

The game might not be entirely finished, but Uber deserves that one. We'll also see if they get drunk and start spilling secrets.:D
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Saturday then.