Livestream 1/10

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Polynomial, January 10, 2013.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I agree. Looks very much like TA of the future. Hoping the gameplay hits the mark!
  2. poncegabriel

poncegabriel New Member

Wow utterly amazing guys keep up the good work it so awesome hearing a lot about development towards this game thank you so much for letting us be apart of it.
  3. micronian

micronian New Member

Finally got around to watching this!

Man, I love hearing Jon talk about the game. Everything he says just reinforces my feeling that he gets it. It's like he stole my notebook: ("Super awesome ideas for my ultimate RTS game I will make when I win the lottery" :D ). Most of the suggestions and ideas I read posted on these forums just make me shake my head. Jon clearly knows what it will take to make this game great (except maybe his weird fixation with gas giants... sorry I just don't get how that will be any fun :| )

Listening to Mike talk about the AI.... I got the impression he's planning to just remake what he's already done. Did he mention anything new or crazy he wanted to add?

Well whatever, my only request is that some randomness gets put in there somewhere. How many times have I watched an AI build an Experimental unit, then sent it on the exact same path to destruction as the last 5 it build. :| Please just make the AI do something crazy and unexpected sometimes, that's all I ask. Once you get the 'feel' of how an AI plays, games start to become uninteresting. I know he poo-poo'd the idea of the neural net updating as you played, but it would be cool if it recognized that you keep using the same strategy, and slapped you down.