[Linux] UI does not display properly since Build 67523

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by dukyduke, June 30, 2014.

1. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

My problem is that part of the UI progressively dissapear during game time. The first information to disappear seems to be the selected units sum up at the bottom right (this was already an issue in previous build) and then more information are missing like unit icons, unit selected circles, metal spot, etc.

After a search on forum, it seems that UI problem on Linux is quite common and it is advised to use the "--software-ui" parameter.

I'll try with this but I'm running PA on a debian nearly since the beginning of the beta now without having any issue on UI display and without this option. (I've never downloaded PTE builds)

So I'm wondering what in the recent change is the source of my problems...

(I'm using a nvidia GPU)
  2. n00n

n00n Active Member

Do you mean the selection filter options in the bottom left? Or is this info provided by mod?
  3. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Yep I meant the selection filter in the bottom left (and not in the bottom right).

I've no mod installed (except pastat)
  4. n00n

n00n Active Member

I've had this issue in the past but had thought it had been fixed. Are you sure you haven't opened the "Esc" (left) side menu? As this stops the filter UI from being displayed.

Are you sure they're displayed at the start of the match and are the missing icons all of the same class (like this bug report)?
    dukyduke likes this.
  5. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Thank you for your answer !

I often press "Esc" to unselect units. So sometimes it happen this menu is displayed by mistake but I saw the problem without it.

I need to do more check. I can confirm that when I first spot it was for units of the same class but at the end of the game no unit had icons dispayed.

Anyway, I'll play again tomorow and we will see if it happens again.
    I'll see if I can change the binding for the left menu also.