[Linux] New Issues introduced by Galactic War Hotfixes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thelordofthenoobs, May 31, 2014.

1. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

While the initial Galactic War update seemed to run relatively fine for me (apart from the issues that were not Linux specific), the hotfixes introduced some problems.

The ones that still persist are:
    1. My Mouse Cursor is invisible in the Steam version. I think that one was introduced by the second hotfix (it was not present in the PTE Stream v. 66705). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game in case I messed something up, I deleted the Uber Entertainment directory in .local, but nothing changed this.
    2. The version downloaded from the go launcher launches but only shows a black screen. This is not the famous libudev.so error, because I already created the symlink that fixed the problem in older builds. The error message is:
      Code:
      /home/username/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/stable/host/CoherentUI_Host                                : symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: undefined symbol: g_mapped_file_get_bytes

I don't have any of these issues on Windows.

But I also haven't seen anyone else report these problems so I might have screwed something up on my system, so I didn't want to create a bug report just yet.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you using open source drivers, e.g Intel integrated drivers then you need to run game with "--software-ui" or apply thing fix:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...tu-12-04-13-04-13-10.53019/page-2#post-814965

Are you using *buntu 14.04?
  3. thelordofthenoobs

I am running a GTX 660 Ti using the 331.38 proprietary driver on Ubuntu 14.04 :)

Edit:

I also have to add that at some point I didn't have the mouse cursor in the Steam version but I had it in the version downloaded using the go launcher. (I also still had an older version around and there I also had the cursor working while it didn't work with the Steam version).

So my system is definitely able to render mouse cursors :p

Edit 2:

The mouse cursor issue might also be related to another issue I am having:

[​IMG]

The transparency is all screwed up and metal spot icons have disappeared (I know this was a huge issue for other people in the past, but I never had that problem before).
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

For now can you try to use "--software-ui" flag with Steam version?
  5. thelordofthenoobs

Ok, this is funny :D

I have my mouse cursor back !

....because I REMOVED that command from my launch options... I tried whether that command fixed some crashes at startup I was experiencing with a previous version and forgot to remove it :p

This reminds me of another thing that might not be specific to PA:

[​IMG]

Sometimes, the colors are not displayed correctly under Linux. In PA it's the faction colors in the color selection menu (but the colors are displayed correctly in the lobby and in the actual match) and in Crusader Kings 2 it's the faction colors, as well.
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Also second bug is there: PA#3554
    At moment there is some compatibility problem between Coherent_Host, Steam Runtime and Ubuntu 14.04 libs.