Levelers and turret rotation speed

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by mjshorty, September 8, 2014.

1. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

ok, i havent touched levelers in a while, probably leaning to much on vanguards and levelers to deal my dps...but ever since that patch that makes their turret rotation speed...slow...Well is it just me or is it way to slow? because whenever you turn the leveler...it stops what its doing...dealing damage and mayhem...which is always a sad thing, and you end up micro-managing the leveler which takes away a fundamental part of planetary annihilation...Large army management > individual unit micro. i mean its awesome how the turret is slow and foreboding when it slowly turns to blow stuff up but seriously...cant we X2 the turret rotation speed?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The theory is Levelers are ideal for destroying buildings, high health units, and defensive lines.

However, I've noticed that sometimes Levelers will just move their turret back and forth towards different targets and rarely fire off a shot. Not sure how to combat that.

Although to be fair, I haven't been paying close attention to that in a while. I should probably do some testing/investigation. Maybe it isn't an issue anymore.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

well levelers need micro, to stay out of range of shorter range units...and yet they do turn from target to target a lot, so they rarely fire...and i sorta thought levelers where meant to be strong v vangaurds...is that really the case? o_O
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I think the problem is, that the UNITS turn speed is higher than the the turrets turn speed. That's what makes it aim so badly.

Tuning down the units turn speed to match the turrets turn speed (or slightly lower) should actually fix that units unmicroed behavior.

Right now you'd have to micro the unit to turn the whole body in such direction that the turret is properly aligned with the target already.

EDIT:
    These are the actual values: Weapon yaw speed (turret turn speed) is 15°/s, unit turn speed is 90°/s.
    Last edited: September 9, 2014
  5. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

They seem to work best on attack move, alone, which is kinda sad. Make their turn and turret rotate speed equal, don't care if it's less maneuverable as a result, needs a health buff imo.
    mjshorty likes this.