Level balance

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by mikl, November 18, 2010.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I have a wireless DSL connection and I have little to no lag problems.

I play 95% of my Crossfire games Solo and having no problem playing against partied up teams.

Have you tried searching for Blitz games in all 5 modes? There are only really 2 that people even join. Getting rid of some of the Blitz modes for online isn't going to change much. The problem with your solution is that Blitz players will stay play Blitz which doesn't affect Crossfire players.
  2. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

lol yeah ok.

See above. (You must not be playing against the parties I'm having to go against. All turrets being downed within the first minute of playing, juicing within the first 2 minutes, laggy players, being shot through walls ((gunner and sniper being the leading offenders)); stuff like that.)

Yeah, I went into all five every time I played. (different times of the day)

Oh and I made the comment about removing some blitz modes for argument's sake. Any time "splitting the playerbase" comes up, it's made null and void with the amount of blitz modes that are available. My face is starting to hurt with my palm being embedded into it so many times reading that line.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Would you like for me to take a picture of my modem and wireless adapter?

I have had this game since launch week I have came across it all. I just learned to adapt, it's really not that hard.

Making a new playlist for Crossfire will split the playerbase. If you cannot understand that then you are really dense.
  4. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

Ok I'm done. You're not reading anything I have to say at all. I don't want to see your modem and adapter and I wasn't alluding to your internet connection being questionable enough for a picture. And even the fact that you'd take a picture to continue with this argument is sad enough.

By the way, I got this at launch as well. I don't have all of this spare time the lot of you do with a video game. Sorry to say. (I probably need to turn off notifications of a reply in my e-mail so I can stop coming to this forum.)

Last thing: a single new mode will not split the playerbase. If you cannot understand that then you are really dense.
    Last edited: November 29, 2010
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

something worth mentioning: this game has a relatively large skill ceiling, and if you play it casually, then you WILL have problems playing against parties while other more skilled/experienced players will not, simple as that.
  6. mikl

mikl New Member

Ok what point are you trying to get across?
    Ok so you must have played 2 games so far. The last ten i have gone in to the other team was doing the exact thing that I want them to stop.
  7. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Yes. Yes it will. Say for arguements sake we have 500 people playing Crossfire at the moment. If the new game mode was just as good as Crossfire, we would have 250 players playing Crossfire and 250 playing the new game mode, splitting the player base in half, and making it take much longer to find games when we already have people having trouble finding some already. I'm not sure how you cannot see that.

One last thing: If I play this game more, I SHOULD be better than you, and that goes for the rest of the community too. Don't fix what isn't broken.
  8. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

If it can't be made into a new mode, then it should be made into a matchmaking option. This problem needs needs needs to be fixed.
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

10. mikl

mikl New Member

How does this apply to stronger people ganging up on other people that are weaker then them? We know that there stronger we just think that the fact that their ganging up on weaker people is unfair.
  11. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

The problem is that with the relatively small player base, any good player is going to have trouble finding a challenging match, especially if they want to be able to play in a party with other people. For experienced players in a party, pub stomping is really the only option that doesn't involve considerable preplanning and coordination.
  12. mikl

mikl New Member

Quoting bonanza!!! :D

But how would having a party make it more challenging? It seems that it would make it much, much, easier
  13. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

The fanbase is already split. Think about it.
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

The main reason that pubstomping is even a problem is because the playerbase playerbase playerbase playerbase playerbase IS very small. With a playerbase this small, you tend to run into the actual groups of players much more often. In a blockbuster release like Halo or CoD, there are so many players that you can find full games in multiple game modes without constantly running into teams that are partied up.

I know sales have been very good for this game, but in comparison to other major titles (especially shooters) they are relatively low. Combine this with the fact that most people that have bought this game don't play it exclusively, and you run into problems with too many playlists.

I don't disagree with the mercenary playlist (as I said before), but I think it will probably need to wait for a new title, not just a patch.
  15. Roy Campbell

Roy Campbell New Member

I'm as open to the idea of introducing more matchmaking options including "not being matched up against parties" as I would with having a mercenary mode altogether. Whatever can get this problem fixed will make this game playable and make me just happy with the game, really. (and keep in mind that option would only work if you were playing solo; I could see a problem with that being used by a party leader. :\)
  16. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Based on this post, I was wondering, do players have have problems finding games? I don't at all, but that might be due to me living in a central state or playing mainly during peak hours. I also mainly play solo or splitscreen, so it is probably easier for me to find a game.

And, as a general response, I have no problem with a mercenary playlist mode. Players should have the choice of playing against and/or with a party, given the extraordinary skill gap that usually accompanies it. I wish there was a much greater chance of parties being matched up against each other, because that would seem to be the most fun.
  17. mikl

mikl New Member

Sometimes ya it takes for every and it gets annoying especially when it disconnects. But im my opinion its better than playing a shitty game where the teams are so unfair
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

^this guy was smart :) . i like what this guy is saying ;) .

wait, could it be :shock: ? could this guy possibly be... :cool:
  19. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'm more than okay with a merc play list option, or true skill balancing, but totally understand why there are no plans to introduce playlists at this time.

I trust the devs who I assume have access to some forms of these numbers used to determine if the community would be split too much by a level divide or merc playlist option, rather than the community of gamers who despite as experienced and level headed they (think) they are, don't have any idea what the consequences of such as shift would be.

I include myself in the latter part of that statement of course.
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

okay, so the options look like crap.

we divide up the community with different playlists, end up not being able to find matches and quitting this game.

or

we leave it as it is, and the next wave of shennanigans makes me never play online crossfire again (at least i still have blitz mode), as well as many others. the game depopulates from that instead.

we might wana keep looking for that golden third option, because one and two suck.