Lets get some Gunner discussion in here.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Mellowbusiness, October 25, 2010.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Hmm, the rof cap is interesting. I'm going to have to look into that.

I'm worried about the decreased long range of the minigun in the DLC. The mortar is pretty useless against intelligent players at any decent range since they can jump. I have a feeling soon I'm going to be getting shurikened by an assassin tha I can't reach with my mini and jumps over my mortars.

Personally, I use accuracy 3 on my gunner. I prefer turning the spray-n-pray to a more devestating smaller spread. Makes it a bit harder to aim, but it's well worth it to
    me for the precision.

As for buys, I get gunner 3 quickly because I immediatly push out and try and get as many kills as possible(taunting helps a LOT). Then I upgrade slam, but rarely deploy. Slam 3 is a necessity to me because it gives a better chance for ringouts, and is better for escaping and stunning.
  2. CyberZero

CyberZero New Member

I agree with Deadeye. Slam 3 will also have a more effective range and damage
    (probably as long and powerful as a Jackbot slam). As for Deploy, I found it useful,
    especially lvl 3 due to reduced damage taken, in taking out firebases (sometimes the
    support too), killing "cowards" :lol: (people who try to escape), disrupt a ringout
    plan :D, and taking out a juice rusher focusing on a turret.
    Anyone caught in a deployed minigun's wake, will suffer speed loss, sort of like the TF2
    Heavy's Natasha minigun minus the reduced damage, and extra critical shots really help in killing.
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

you know that at level 2 deploy, it adds criticals, but at level 3 it takes them away, right?
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i posted what i got as results for the RoF between gold to none, pre spin gunner, on a passive 3 tank, with gold armor, the kills took between 2-2.5 seconds, at mid to close range long will be a lot longer, but most of my fights as a gunner are in mid range
  5. Shammas

Shammas New Member

That's being fixed in the DLC.
  6. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Nah, I was saying that in regards to the ROF cap when the game's laggy. Most of the game the ROF probably works, but I could see the RoF capping out in OT when I'm juiced and the game's laggy.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

im aware, just telling him that info, i would think he doesnt know. extra armor isnt really worth 550.
  8. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

The mortar needs a in increase in its height explosion so it cannot be easily jumped over by most classes. The rof cap would explain why I've lost a few fights in a laggy game that I should have won.

Possibly nerfed :/

You know what would make deploy worth buying for gunners and tanks? Combine the effects of both classes into one deploy skill that both classes can use. Or if you increased the gunner's damage reduction up from about 10 to 40 percent then I might consider fully upgrading deploy. Another viable option would be a permanent head shield. Unfortunately I don't think we're going to see any of these options.
  9. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

A tank with infinite ammo AND a headshield? lolno.

If an assassin is smart, she will outgun you at long range if she wants, it's pretty effing easy seeing as how slow gunners are, and how much damage shurikens do, and how easy it is to dodge bullets
  10. Shammas

Shammas New Member

The mortar shouldn't be unavoidable, I don't like that. I guess you could try getting good enough with it to hit people directly, but other than that just leave the long range to long-range classes. The assault has just as tough a time at long range, as do the support and assassin.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

that's why i have been running gold speed :)
  12. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

You missed the most feared effect of that change: Infinite ammo gunner?!?!?!

Hold trigger, point, enjoy? Noooooooooooo
  13. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

it would be awesome for spawn killing! :twisted: :twisted:
  14. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

About the speed thing, like my post said, if she's smart, she'll outgun you long range lol, you move, my shurikens bounce off the wall into you, simple as that
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

gold speed combined with jumping, and NOT sitting in a corner...just because the gunner likes it Tiki style doesn't mean the people that play him are dumb.....
  16. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

So...lv 3 grapple doesn't kill an assassin?

Oh yeah, I'm going for my grapple badges, but c'mon...since it's so situational, it should be a kill. Ridiculous.
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the atomic butt drop should kill anyone...except maybe the tank or another gunner
  18. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Does the butt drop count towards your pro tag count? Or only red button grapple? There's something so satisfying in teeing off on someone with your minigun...no one expects a level three gunner grapple! Although I do love the butt splash. FLYING TIKI BUTT!!!
  19. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I don't think you'd like it very much if the product grenade were an easy to jump over projectile.
  20. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I'm totally upgrading my grapple now. It's so fun! I have 46 grapple kills now after having 8 on Friday.

My pet peeve is that it seems to be using the same damage table as the sniper grapple, and given its limited use (e.g. we don't have ice traps to make people easier to grapple), I think the damage should be bumped up. Ridiculous that you can't kill a sniper or assassin with a lv 3 grapple if they have armor.