Legion Expansion [Released!]

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Nicb1, May 3, 2016.

1. river39

river39 Active Member

Its just an idea:
    isn't it just possible to add a copy of all commanders as legion so you can pick if you play your fav commander as legion or mla?
  2. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

On second thought, and looking at the orbital tab in this preliminary version of our build bar, it is the anchor that should be dark blue:

[​IMG]

Why do the anchor and the jig, which are both built by the same fabber, belong to different tech levels? Legion is consistent, it's Uber that wasn't.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Please move this discussion to your own thread.
    NikolaMX likes this.
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Hey guys, when oyu were working on this expansion/mod did you also encounter an issue where area attacking with custom nuclear missiles causes the client to crash? This keeps happening to me and I have no ides how or why. the crash log doesn't tell me anything useful.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

v1.2.1 - 2017/09/02

General
    • Initial lobby pop-up now states how to play as Legion
    Fixes
    • Fixed multiple intro buttons appearing when Legion was installed by a player not logged into Ubernet
    • POV button coloured to match Legion theme
  6. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

What exactly is the point of a second faction when in every team game both sides can have access to both factions, to the point where they can even rush each other's structures?

Is your expansion meant to be used only in 1v1s?
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

You only have access to both if you are on a shared armies game with mixed faction commanders.
    Nicb1, stuart98 and mwreynolds like this.
  8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

When something crashes like that it just means something in the unit jsons isn't set up properly (usually an ammo.json if it doesn't crash right away but only when you fire). Did you try using them without area attack.

Or you could just be using a nuke explosion effect that has a lot of emitters. Spam too many nukes like that and it'll crash the game.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Been messing around with legion the last few hours>

Spectre doesn#t have an energy cost but you need energy to get it's vision radius.
    Land mines can be pre triggered by force attacking making them not need their 4 second trigger.
    One of the arms on the Decimator doesnt move like the other two
    NikolaMX and Quitch like this.
  10. Quitch

The Spectre behaves identically to the Hermes in this regard, though the Spectre loses vision earlier. This looks to be an oversight.

The ability to manually trigger land mines appears to be intentional. Maybe @elodea remembers.
  11. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Would understand if it was an alt-fire kind of command. Could be wrong but don't see any positives in not pre triggering them
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

IIRC the legion mine does a few things,
    • Spawns invisible
    • Instantly triggers and becomes visible when unit in range
    • Starts spinning around and shooting shrapnel damage at things
    • After 4 seconds, self destructs causing additional damage
    I believe the shrapnel damage was something like 2/3 of the total damage, with the mine self destruct after 4 seconds being 1/3. So if you pretrigger them, the enemy can see them for 4 seconds and react appropriately before it detonates.

As for whether the manual pretrigger was intended or not, I honestly can't remember. All I know is that i would have turned on carpet_fire to make testing faster, so it could very well be an oversight and I forgot to set carpet_fire back to false on the first stage, invisible land mine tool weapon. Depends how you guys think the legion mine should operate really :p.

On one hand, i see the potential for people manually triggering legion mines to play interesting mind games. e.g. building and detonating a mine where the enemy can see it so they think there's a big minefield there they need detection for. Or you could slowly pre-trigger a minefield bit by bit to zone an enemy back. On the other hand, it's obviously an unintuitive break from the vanilla faction, and maybe those mind games could end up being op. Either way, easy fix if necessary (i think).
    Last edited: February 27, 2018
    Quitch, NikolaMX and Nicb1 like this.
  13. Quitch

My assumption that it's intentional is that the mine has had the attack command added to it, which the MLA mine does not have.
  14. Quitch

15. netpyxa

netpyxa Active Member

I ve got a small bug. Cant select MLA commanders anymore. Only my default MLA commander. Armory is empty. Can only select one of the four Legion commanders. Cant switch back to MLA in lobby.

EDIT: its back to normal now. Didnt do anything. A temporary error.

Can we tweak panzers so that their missiles are countered by gil-E?
    panzers have full tactical missile range similar to that of Hornet or Bluehawk. But its absolutely immune to anti missile defence.

Change the missile dps to be delivered via a single projectile with a large cooldown which can be intercepted by Gil-E. Same thing could be done to the Decimator.

Gil-E can only intercept MLE weapons right now and is useless against LEgion's tactical missiles.
    Last edited: March 5, 2018
    flubbateios likes this.
  16. Quitch

I've setup a translation project for the Legion Expansion to allow multiple people to easily contribute. If you can lend a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

If a translation is currently empty but you're not 100% on the translation you're entering then please mark it as fuzzy. It's better to have a translation than no translation, but marking it as fuzzy will let others know they should review it.
    Last edited: March 6, 2018
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Fuzzy huh
  18. Quitch

No, just fuzzy.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  19. tunsel11

tunsel11 Post Master General

If you have German you dont need German (AT) its the same.
  20. Quitch

I see differences in the official translation that would suggest otherwise. For example:

de: Dicard: Löschen

de-AT: Discard: Verwerfen