LazerBlazers: Totally worthless outside of Blitz

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by El_Matarife, March 2, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

I'd like to make it clear that lazer blazers are basically useless unless 3.3, and even then they're still useless against pros. I've got good use out of them in super sudden death, however, as they can pump a staggering amount of damage into a jackbot in very little time if you have two or more. Also easily replaceable, which is important when five to seven jackbots come in a single round.

I've used one successfully on spunky cola to repel a steady stream of bots long enough for my team to push the enemy pros back far enough for us to rebuild and regain control. We still lost, but that was more because of our fail assassins rather than a single turret choice.

Basically useless if you don't have a good support, and even then it is only marginally useful at what it is designed for. Honestly I'd like to see lazer blazers as a sort of specialized bot denial tool, so your placement of such has to be careful due to their fragility and juice giving ways, but you are rewarded with an effective roadblock for anything short of a jackbot. The earlier levels definitely have no use, however. A small group of slimbots can seriously damage a level 1 lazer blazer, and might even outdamage it. I will test this.
  2. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Call me crazy but i think they are fine as they are. They cost almost nothing to buy and upgrade, and you get what you pay for. They're not really a crossfire turret, but they do have some use in blitz. That said, a 3.3 blazer can pack a pretty mean punch. Why you would do it is beyond me but i've come across them on occasion.

Cheap and dirty. That's all they are.
  3. eternal

eternal New Member

But for their cost a level 1 rocket turret is more effective AND cheaper.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Shaveice cripple the hell out of assaults and assassins, makes a team of assassins with juice visible when coming in and slow so they can't hit more than 1 turret. Plus, they sponge damage really well.

Longshots, when you have pros pushed into the back of the map, takes care of bots while all 6 of you keep them trapped, and hits lots of things. I have 80 longshot kills within 5 months, i'll be done in 5 more months of games with overconfident snipers and assassins.

Rokkits are useful, let's not waste time discussing.

Lazors, IMO, should be made as strong as they were pre-xbox-update. Then, they should be made more expensive, like 50-100-150. That makes them worth the decent firepower. Combined worth of 300 was what I would value the lvl3 lazorblazor when the game was released, yet it still makes the turret cheap and useful compared to the rokkit, and interchangeable to rokkits or even in combonation with rokkits. Hell, it's even better due to the fact that rokkits are expensive when they get destroyed by constant juice rush, so a useful somewhat-cheap turret would help that situation.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

An Assassin with juice is visible no matter what. Cloak or not.