King Of The Planet Series - Sunday May 18, 18:00 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thesambasti, May 11, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Alright Matiz, we admit it, you're eternal.

Or are you? ... I might have to do some experimentation and come up with a seemingly insane tactic that results in a win for meh...
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Don't forget that he did lose the very first kotp.
  3. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Never Forget, The True King Cola.
    reptarking likes this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

He abdicated.
    matizpl likes this.
  5. cptconundrum

If any of you have suggestions or criticisms, now is the time to speak up! We work really hard after every game to make sure each kotp goes better than the last.
    Clopse likes this.
  6. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Not really a big deal, but just the end of the intro video seems a bit off. The entire gameplay shots section is great! but then right at the end you get the lense flare and you expect something cool looking, but then some bland text just appears on the screen... It's not that big of a deal, but it would look cooler if you added some effect for the text, and make the font look better (make it shiny or something). That's all I can think of! :p
    Quitch likes this.
  7. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

There is no video of the matches ?
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

They will be posted the coming week. If you are subscribed to any of the exodus social media accounts you'll be notified.
  9. Quitch

And the full footage is available on our first Twitch channel, linked in the OP.
  10. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

11. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I proposed an idea, but apparently it went lost. So I repeat it here.

The other night, after the final round between Custard and Matiz, I thought "how cool it could be if the two contenders would play in team (together) against a bunch of foes and/or teams made out from the public".

This would allow the two contenders to stay friendly in case of any tension arose during their challenge, and it would immediately show to the public what's the spread between top and average players.

Also, it would offer even more opportunities for us to learn. And/or we could perhaps enjoy one more match with a multi-planet system, and some orbital war.

ps. The latest KotP has been simply awesome. Thanks for it! Great show.
    tatsujb likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

Your suggestion didn't get lost at all! We have a note on it in our internal review and it will be discussed in a meeting this week. My personal opinion on this is that kotp is about the intense competition between two of the best players in the game and anything else during an event takes away from that focus. I prefer to just have the games and the interviews and then end the stream so that kotp keeps being about good 1v1s and other casters and events can give us the interesting game formats like that for variation.

If enough people want to do it then maybe we can still find a way to add show matches without taking away from the series' focus. What does everyone else think?
    carlorizzante likes this.
  13. Quitch

As the orbital game develops we'll definitely be reviewing whether to revise the rules on multi-planet systems in King of the Planet.
  14. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

These were the best games I have seen in a long time. I think it was mostly to do with the unit composition part of the game. First time I ever watched and hadn't a clue what was going to happen, so I was glued to the stream to see how each unit fired and reacted.

Sambasti is getting better too which is nice cause he talks a lot :p. Shows his ability best in the interviews. So pro :D. Scamper-ants and expos killed me though. Is expo short for expansion?

Replay analysis would be real nice of key battles and maneuvers but possibly a little tricky unless zaphod is fed the script or something.

Zaphod possibly needs to wash his
    Mouth out with some soap for the younger audiences. Well any 1v1 pov with zaphod should come with a pre disclaimer. No problems with the casting side of it. All pg.

But seriously great work by all involved. Great show.
    mishtakashi and carlorizzante like this.
  15. cptconundrum

Thanks!

Sambasti definitely is great at interviews and I really think those are an important part of what makes kotp work. Expo is short for expansion, but there were enough people confused by the word that we have already decided to try to avoid it in future casts.

Replay analysis would be good if we could make it work, but we would lose the ability to have both casters involved once chronocam is no longer synced. I'm really happy with the way Sambasti takes the lead on interviews while Zaphod tries to bring the camera to the right time and place to demonstrate events that are being discussed.
  16. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Haha, I had the feeling that the Casters were confused themselves about how to name some units in-game. That was hilarious.

The swearing of Zaphod never really annoys me. I agree that it could hurt someone's sensibility. But let's be honest, hardly we could find a better caster than Zaphod. He's just outstanding.
  17. cptconundrum

His language in point of view games is pretty hilarious. He keeps it clean and professional in casts though.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Ah of course. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. But some people won't like it. I think it's hilarious when he is getting annoyed but more professional not to curse like a sailor. This being the internet I'm sure there is a sailor out there that hates me for using that expression.
    cptconundrum and carlorizzante like this.
  19. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I jokingly joined the #hype channel on irc.

Anything after the actual kotp matches is after the event, whether streamed or not. Keeping the stream open for some ffa games gets viewers involved and is a good thing imo. After a few hours of watching games I tend to want to play something.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The Dark Knight Rises.