King of the Alpha

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by oxide246, September 15, 2013.

1. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/trees-o.51388/

I'm not sure how big of an issue this is with other people, but mceldowney and I had a great game on this planet and that lag wasn't so bad for me, or him I assume too. If this is completely unplayable for anyone and your opponent agrees, you can play on neptunia or any of the other tournament maps that have been played on so far.

EDIT: This is the official round 1 planet, if anyone has a suggested configuration for round 2 it'd be great to see some posted here. Maybe you'd like to suggest one Neptunio?
    Last edited: September 20, 2013
  2. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

godde, colin, gunshin , these are definite players to watch out 4. High caliber play inbound !
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

start PA with --nofeatures. At least with modified mex textures mex stay visible while trees and stuff are removed. That way planets have less than 1 Million Triangles.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  4. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

I´ve got one question.
    Whats about a game starting short before ending of round one and its end is "too late".
    Is that ok?
  5. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Yes, I won't be penalizing people who are trying to play by the rules. The bye rule will probably only be enforced if the next round opponents are waiting to have their match and time is up. But don't rely on this!

EDIT: Communication here is they key. If anything like this might happen please let me know! Also once you've finished your matches please update the website immediately. If you don't know how, PM me immediately.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yey for me starting in round 2 as I wont be home before Saturday evening anyway.
  7. superouman

superouman Post Master General

My participation of this tournament is on the ropes. I am currently changing my ISP but I still didn't do the transition after one week.
    However I can have acces to the wifi of a neighbour and i have to check if it is sufficient to play a game of PA.
    oxide246 likes this.
  8. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I need to get as many game as I can or am able possible in the next 24hrs, as i will be away for the 24hrs after that.

Just read Colins post, the 2v2 final will have to be moved to like monday now.
  9. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

All good Clopse.

Update: Round 2 planet
    Name: ??? Biome: Moon Seed: 7919 radius: 20 height: 20 water: 0 temp: 0

Thanks Zaphod!
  10. judicatorofgenocide

can you post round 3's planet also ^^
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Everything is solved for me. I am ready.
  12. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

ok, hopefully Marshall will show up soon.
  13. judicatorofgenocide

Are we suppose to update brackets or is oxide doing that? If were suppose to anyone have a clue how, I think most everyone is rapidly approaching round three games and yet brackets remain in round 1.
  14. dala1984

dala1984 Member

15. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

People can update their own games, and should be doing this. If anyone can't work out how to do this please pm me on the forum. I think we are up to date now though.

EDIT: Ah yes and what dala said. You need to press the round headings to reveal the results. This was put in with the intention to avoid spoilers.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  16. judicatorofgenocide

Anti spoilers, well played, would never have thought of that. Oxide is **** hot.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

18. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Many players have fought bravely in the battlefield of Planetary Annihilation war, and all have perished but two! Those players are.. *queue trumpets* SUPEROUMAN and NEPTUNIO!!!

These two valiant players are set to fight for the crown of King of the Alpha sometime between 6pm and 12am UTC, Wednesday the 25th of September!!

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=0,2988507,100&h=0&date=2013-9-25&sln=18-24

Make sure to be lurking in thy #planetaryannihilation IRC channel between these times to witness history unfold!
    cwarner7264 and Clopse like this.
  19. stonberg

stonberg Member

Is the final going to be streamed do you know?
  20. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

I hope so, make sure to make noise about this before the game starts in IRC