Kckzi's Wishlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by kckzi, January 11, 2011.

1. kckzi

kckzi New Member

So, I decided to put down all the thoughts. Warning: since my education stopped at the third grade, it's going to be messy.

-Assault needs to be nerfed a bit. Everyone knows I play assault, but this class needs a change. I'm sick of playing privates where each team has 3 assaults. The assault in privates is what the assassin is at the public level, a ton of people play it, and few know how to truly work the class to be effective. There are a few things I think it should have done to it, while keeping it a versatile class. Just super nerfing one aspect ruins the concept behind the versatile/mobile assault class. There's a few changes that I would like to see. The first is the movement speed being reduced a little bit, nothing drastic but the class seems overly fast (I can straight chase assassins down with no problem). Another change I would like is for the assault rifle to get nerfed in some way. I know this one is going to kind of piss people off, but there's no reason an assault rifle should be stronger than a Gunner at a mid/far range battle (or even comparable... which it is at the moment). This would give the assault a TRUE counter class in the gunner (which I feel is the worst class at a high level, with no real purpose). The last thing is... as much as it hurts to say... the bomb needs to be redone. I don't think the skill cooldown needs to be moved as much as I think the cooldown should start when the bomb EXPLODES instead of when it is thrown. It will get rid of the double bombs and even instantly blown up bombs will take a second or two longer. I just think it makes more sense and it won't completely destroy the unique aspect (the skills) of the assault.

-I saw Wayne's post about the gunner's red skill and I've said that for awhile, so I don't know if he took it from me, but the gunner needs something there. Grapple is just... boring and MOSTLY useless for a gunner. I also think the gunner is the weakest class in private games right now (though the adjust to assault might add to the gunner's ability) and a skill that is actually useful would be nice. I have no idea what to make it, but anything would be nice (as long as it's not already a skill for another class, or powerful as all hell).

-OK, this one is kind of general and stuff, but turn down the visual effects a bit. There have been games where I literally can't move for 5-10 seconds because of the ridiculous frame drops. Annihilator/juice/buzzers are USUALLY responsible for the horrible drops. I know the effects are impressive, but the choppiness almost cheapens the game as a whole.

-Private game lobbies NEED to be easier to work. You HAVE to be able to pick your own teams while in lobby. This HAS to happen. There is no way around it. The way it is now, for random private games, you need to tell people when they can join while going back and forth between 2 parties just to have balanced teams. If your too lazy to spend 5 minutes waiting for a bunch of idiots to collaborate, then your teams get unbalanced and you end up with a team with no assassin, or with 4 people that play the same class. This absolutely just has to happen, and honestly, if Uber would just release a patch/DLC with NOTHING but this, it would totally be worth it. Also, a kick ability would be nice.

-I think some of the protags just suck. The bomb kills go from like "Mega Bomb" to "Ultra Bomb" at 2500. I think it would be cool if it said like "C4" for a low level and then "NUCLEAR!" for 2500. I don't know... just something a little bit more clever. Also, 2500 shurikens... just says... "SHURIKENS!". Why not make it something somewhat clever like "Shoot for the Stars!" or something. I know a lot of people don't care about protags, I really don't that much either, but I think these would be cooler.

That's all I can think of right now (there's probably a few things I'll remember later), it's probably long enough to scare off 90% of people anyways. Also, if anyone is going to state one of my thoughts sucks, please list a reason. I fully realize I might overlook a few things.
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

Thats the best idea there
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I mostly agree, partially.
  4. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I thought 2500 SHURIKEN kills just said "SHURIKEN!" which I was 95% sure was a street fighter reference.

Agree with everything else though. The assault is nuts in higher level play with no reliable counter class. He needs slight nerfs in a few areas IMO.
  5. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

I reluctantly agree with your ideas for assault nerfs because I love him. The gunner just can't compete in higher levels of play unless you're Deadeye or crazy good with the mortar. A nerf to the assault rifle would go a long way in making the gunner viable again. Perhaps a buff to the grenade launcher to compensate? Not in damage to pros, but in damage to turrets.
  6. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

I love Gunner's red skill. Please don't touch it.

7. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

8. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I'll sign. Can I add that I think the bomb needs a damage nerf to the Moneyball? Kinda sucks when you hit Overtime and the other team has more Assaults than you, so they win. During the OxyTeam game night, we were playing on Ammo Mule, and the other team's Moneyball went down, so all I did was sit on top of the dome, charge to the top of their ring, throw a bomb, and charge back. They couldn't stop me from destroying their moneyball.
  9. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

The Assault is not fast without any speed endorsements. Make him any slower and he'd be nigh unplayable. Hell, I'd rather every other class get sped up. Also, if you really think that the assault rifle can compete with the double minigun (single mini being irrelevant, due to no one ever having it for more than a minute), you are not playing again very good gunners. If a gunner and I are both shooting each other, I'll get off maybe half a clip before dieing horribly. That, and the default rate on the AR is abysmal. It's only RoF endorsements that make Assault even viable.

That being said, if the bomb skill recharge were to start after it explodes (it would recharge for the amount of time it needs until the bomb activates, then stop until detonation), and if the grenade launcher were to do a bit less damage to the moneyball, I would understand.
  10. kckzi

kckzi New Member

One of the things I originally wanted to put in and then forgot before I posted/went to class. Yeah, assaults destroy the ball way too quickly. Same with support shotgun, but at least supports aren't mobile enough to bomb jump into the other base within 2 seconds of spawning and it is hard for them to get on top of the ring if the other team has a formidable defense set up. Personally, I'd like to see a better balance between all classes money ball damage. As it stands now, some classes are completely useless on the moneyball and others are ridiculous.

Another thing I wanted to post and forgot about is being able to adjust the time it takes for the shields to go up on the money ball for private games. Ive played my share of private games, and Ive seen the ball drop and the team reset the shields a grand total of ONE time and we essentially had to push the other team back into their spawn. 30 seconds is a long time to keep a team of 5/6 people away from getting a single shot into your ball (especially when it takes some classes like 10-15 seconds to get back to the ball after death, meaning you got to kill each person 2 or 3 times without a single bullet hitting it). Its not a huge deal, but I just think it would add more to the game in terms of strategy and such.

Agree to disagree on the movement speed.
    On the AR, I don't run RoF at all and the only upgrade I do have that effects my AR is bronze accuracy. For the most part, I have absolutely no problem with high level gunners. I'm not talking drastic change here, just enough to where the gunner actually has a purpose.

I mean, seriously, how many assaults does your team have and how many gunners? The assault is basically a gunner with a gun that doesn't take a second to shoot, can move faster, is WAY smaller which makes it much harder to hit, and has way better skills.
  11. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

The only things the Gunner has over the Assault is the size of the clip and the mortar launcher.
  12. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

And more health, and the ability to dominate at mid-range.

This thread really seems more about the Gunner being underpowered than the Assault being overpowered. Give Gunner more range and a useful red skill (jump being one possibility), and the problem's solved.

Remember that Assault is still mediocre at bot control and awful with turrets. He's more about map control than anything else. I've said before that I think balancing classes around the Assault would make for a much better all around experience than nerfing him, and I'll stick to that claim. The other issue being that Tanks would need to be nerfed along with Assault to maintain balance.
  13. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

Are you suggesting that the obvious nerf that the Assault needs, it doesn't actually need? Because obvious nerf is obvious. Tank will be nerfed when the damn lazer blazers stop feeding him.
  14. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

assault rifle cut-off range is about 2 feet longer than the minigun...
  15. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Something I forgot to mention. If the assault rifle is nerfed, the sniper's uzi must be as well. It would be all kinds of stupid if the sniper had a more powerful automatic weapon than the assault.

As for the tank, it sounds like he's going to get a longer cool down on his charge, and his juice deploy will be nerfed.
  16. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Yes, this is a good argument. You have definitely made a point here.

1) That's a nerf to everyone.
    2) Nobody builds lazers anymore.
    Also, the charge nerf is probably exclusive to the PC, due to the Tank having more control over it's movement.

Like I said, extend the range on the mini-gun.

And then his uzi will be too weak, so then you would have to nerf X and Y and so on and so forth, and we'd end up with a whole bunch of silly changes that most likely make the game more turtlely and slower paced. Which is why it'd be much easier to just buff the Gunner.
  17. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Bomb Change - I LOVE IT MY COOKIES FOR YOU. Mainly because I've played you and been ripped up by your double bombs.

The AR is grand, and I'm saying that as one of the biggest targets. It's near-useless without at least a Silver ROF endorsement.

Gunner has his uses. Support-Gunner combination is excellent, the Mortar is the best anti-Turret weapon, and a spun-up Gunner with good aim will shoot your jumpy little Assault to ribbons.

Also, a few reliable anti-Assault weapons -
    • Firebase.
    • Railgun - particularly against Assaults that don't run with Armour. 3 hits and they're running for cover.
    • A clever Assassin - one who waits till he's distracted/has run out of Fly/can lunge in-between bunnyhops.
    • Spun-up Gunner.

The Assault could use a little tweaking - now that jump-jets look to be getting nerfed, perhaps the Assault's bunny-hop bound will be subject to a cooldown as well.

Also also, as a point to someone above - Juice gain from Lazors is getting nerf-batoned out of the game. Hopefully they'll receive a buff as well.
  18. Kinglou1990

Kinglou1990 New Member

Along with new stuff for the gunner they should also remove the slowdown bullets.That in most games makes him far to strong.just an extra for Kckzi's post.Back to what Kckzi was talking about the speed on the assault i find my self being trolled by assaults all the time its rather frustrating that i should be running three times their speed and i still get shot in the back after turning around three corners by the same assault.
  19. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I 100% disagree with removing the slow effect from the minigun bullets because you have to be deployed in order to get that effect. You are a sitting duck when deployed and you need bonuses in order to make deploy useful.