Kckzi's Assault Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by kckzi, January 23, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I play armor and armorless assault. It is really all about choosing your battles wisely. For armored assault, I find Armor/RoF/Clip and Armor/RoF/Acc are good builds. For armorless assault, Acc/RoF/Crit and Acc/RoF/Clip are good. With the armorless builds, I consistently outshoot gunners.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

now we are talking the same language. i agree with ^this. and yet, i also play skill-assault like kckzi. the tank and assault both have useful weapons AND skills, and its about using everything the right way together.

my first build was a mix, with gold-skill silver-rate and bronze-armor. i would NOT recommend it cuz the flaw is that bronze just isnt a good value in an armor endorsement and really doesnt help even a backstab. i quickly switched to accuracy and went armorless.

but gold armor, silver rate, and bronze accuracy is the standard in my opinion in this thread. and for armorless i do find its easier to outdamage the gunner but stay out in the field less. for armorless you can try gold accuracy, silver rate, and bronze skill. or gold skill, silver rate, and bronze accuracy.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Hey Bro, lets plays some pugs against kckzi and then you can comment on competitive play and how well his build works.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

right now? yeah, i can get on.
  5. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

No offense, as you are a good player, but this guide could've been reduced to "Gold armor is essential because good players WILL shoot you a LOT." I would've actually preferred a guide entirely about bomb placement, as it seems to be the degree of separation between a good Assault and a great one.

I believe there is a case for that 'obvious' bomb placement. Take LazeRazor for example. You see an enemy pro pushing the left bot lane, a Tank. You put your bomb in the middle, under the bridge right in plain view. To engage you, he will have to either take the jump pad further back in the bot lane, or go into your tunnel. Either way, you forced him into a predictable path. Or he could just take the bomb blast. You don't have to "watch" it so much as keep a passive eye on what he chose to do. Your bomb is always recharging, so keeping a bomb in a common pathway while a bomb is in reserve can be a useful tool. If nothing, you detonate the bomb you have and throw another when you encounter another situation, and it happens so fast that you don't even notice you detonated your previous bomb.
  6. kckzi

kckzi New Member

In terms of words, I have 264 in to the ENTIRE endorsement section (which I am pretty sure is the only time I reference gold armor). While the section for the bomb (excluding the skills section) is 504 words. People just want to talk about the endorsement section more...
  7. Cheesecakecrush

Yeah, its the custom class and not the actual gameplay that concern most people. Which is kinda sad as except for a few endorsements they aren't as important as what you do in game. A level 3 bomb at that support's feet is going to matter alot more to how the encounter plays out than whether your rolling gold armor or gold skill recovery.
  8. Dude Longcouch

Dude Longcouch New Member

Does anybody have any thoughts on using gold crit with the assault? I've never played private matches against anyone, but it seems to me that as an assault, if you're going solo against 2 pros in the first place (even if it's just another 2 assaults, let alone tanks or gunners) you're going to get ripped up and need to retreat anyway.

With my assault, I roll crit/rof/acc, and it might not be the most optimized build (I haven't THOROUGHLY tested crit in other endorsement slots but I did some menial tests and noticed a difference) but it definitely allows me to tear through most classes. If I get the drop on a gunner, he is NOT surviving, unless he's some kind of miracle worker.

I mean really, it's a balancing act. I run armorless so I can't live as long, but at the same time, I'm dealing out more damage on average than a player without crit, so if I can kill my target quicker, then in that way, I can live longer. It really does come down to playstyle, and I can see how all builds have their merits. But I do feel that if you're playing against an organized team, then buffing the assault health (which is only average to begin with) won't go a super long way... and it works in reverse. If I see a group of 2 or 3 pros approaching, I'd really like to be taking them with 1 or 2 of my own team beside me instead of solo, and in that case I'm STILL going to be wanting to do as much damage in as little time as possible, but I'll be keeping my eye on my health for a tactical retreat before it's too late.

Thoughts?
  9. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Unfortunatly I only see gold or maybe silver armour usable unless you want to get abused by bombs.
  10. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Instead of repeating your guide by making another kck, I figured i would just add to yours.
    Miracle's General theories of Assault
    -As an assault you should be listening to call outs for weak players at all times, seeing as you are the most mobile you are best fit to clean up kills and should do so, but dont kill yourself doing so or else you put your team down a man and I know my team will push and take map control on that.
    -Gold armour, what else is to be said, kck mentioned it I thought id reinforce it seeing as it is a must against a skilled assault.
    -Your playing foward, you should always be on the front lines, you have enough health and hit registration is a total B on jumping assaults.
    -Your bombs make you the best for dislodging other players from important spots on the map... Do it, initiate pushes, get a good bomb tell your boys and push hard.
    -The assault is great at attracting enemy guns, if your teamate needs help push in throw a bomb get out, regroup and keep pushing.
    -On the pushing note, dont stop ever. In competetive matches never give up, I have seen an occasion where my team was caught on our side of the map with our ball down, but managed to push the other team back, get their ball down and win.
    -Dont get discouraged, people often say gameover while losing. The game isnt over till you cant move, and assault can kill a ball by himself in 20 seconds or so. You can always comeback.
    -Bomb the anni. Anni up in 10 seconds? throw a bomb on it and watch over it detonate when neccessary.
    -Play against better players-Top Assaults-Miracle, kckzi, smokez, wallace.
    -Chemistry is fun to have, play with your teams tank, or in the case of every other team your other 5 assaults. Teamwork is the main skill gap at this class, and it makes the difference between the W and L.
    -Be confident, go into the match knowing you are going to stomp the other team.

-Try not too play high all the time.
  11. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Check out Shammas' tank guide. Im going to try and convince PU5H to write a guide for assassins.
  12. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Will push's guide be as groundbreaking as ace's?
  13. Miracle

Miracle New Member

A bit more i would hope.
  14. AzusaPesant

AzusaPesant New Member

I think I played you before Kckzi, I was going to say that I saw your name on the game but typing on the 360 is tiresome.

Nice guide too, I need to practice more with assaults.
  15. My Pen Is HUGE

My Pen Is HUGE New Member

Nice guide, I main assault so this is really helpful.
  16. Cheesecakecrush

What, a guide to take advantage of glitches to be cloaked while grappling, and shoot shurikens everywhere to build juice?
  17. Lengthierclown

Lengthierclown New Member

Pro vs pro. How does an assault deal with each of the other classes?
    Also, how would an assault deal with getting ganged up on, and/or surrounded,(possibly by multiple quick heavies?)
    What trick jumping do you use and where?
    would you recommend spawning buzzers ever?
  18. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

I usually run Armor, Acc, RoF
  19. kckzi

kckzi New Member

I'll add a pro vs pro when I get time.

Just pick your battles wisely and use charge as a defensive weapon. If you are in a bad situation, get out of it, and just be generally hard to hit (jump around, jump, jump, jump around). Don't go into battles where you are completely out numbered and use your mobility as an advantage. Though, picking your battles wisely, doesn't mean don't ever push up and be completely useless until your team does some work for you. It's kind of a balancing act of knowing when to push key map locations, and when to know to get out.

As far as trick jumps (without bomb), here is a few. It's hard to put in text (if you don't know exactly what I am talking about, just ask), and some might be obvious, but you don't know exactly what skill levels are reading this. Also, some aren't the most efficient, but are just nice to know if you are being chased or for fun. I was planning on putting this in, but.. I didn't for whatever reason (think I hated how it looked).

LazorRazor -
    1. Jump on the glass near front bridge. Jump on bridge, or the spawn ring itself.
    2. Jump pad on ramps side of spawn, just jump and fly at peak. No need for the jump pad.
    3. Near where the ramps are, before you hit the tunnel (near the bridge). You can fly AROUND the wall and then hit the jump pad (use charge in the air). It's a clever way to get behind people in the tunnel, or if you are being chased in the tunnel or in that area, you can use it to escape the chaser (especially, if you hit the jump pad and go to the second level).
    4. On the bumper on the ramps, you can jump from on top the bumpers, and then land on the bridge (just for fun, not really efficient, since theres jump 2, like ten feet to your left).

SteelPeel -
    1. On elbow (the thing to the left of spawn), you can jump on the bumper on the side, then the glass, then jump up to the spawn ring. You can also jump on the turret nozzel, then the glass, then the spawn ring. Just depends on which direction you are coming from. It's a great way to avoid certain battles and get out of elbow, since you can get on the jump pad.
    2. On the other side of elbow, before you hit the donut, you can get on the bumper on the side, then the glass, and then to the top of the donut. It's a great way to avoid spending 50 bucks on the donut jump pad.
    3. On the glass for the last jump (on elbow, near donut). You can jump off to the left, and then charge (let go of fly for a split second while charging, you'll go farther, then fly IMMEDIATELY after the charge is done, you'll lose some altitude, but this jump is impossible without it). You can make it to their bot lane on their right side.
    4. On the OTHER side of the last to jumps. If you fly around the outside of the glass, and come back towards the donut, there is a small ledge. You can fly there if you are getting killed from inside the donut and will give you a second to breathe/heal, if you are in trouble.
    5. If you fly to the top bridge, instead of buying the jump pad in the spawn ring, you can charge right before you hit the bridge (it's like the small ramp on the bridge sides), and you will go flying past the middle. I don't think it's one of those jumps you can do 100% of the time, but it's worth trying.

Ammo Mule -
    1. On either side of the map, if you get on top of the bumper where the ramps are at, you can jump on the wall that seperates the the middle ramp area, to the jump pad room, then from there you can get on top of the bridge. It's usually only convenient if your coming from the middle.

Grenade III -
    1. You can fly from any of the top bridge areas to the perches in the spawn areas.
    2. Also you can fly from one perch to the other team's perch using charge (let go of fly for a second for extra distance). It can be done with level 1 fly, but if your new, just wait until level 2.
    3. On the side of both lanes, in the middle of the 3 bridges. There is a jump pad on the far sides. You can jump on the walls, then jump from on top the wall to on the bridge, without buying the jump pad. Also, its actually quicker.
    4. On the inside of both lanes, where the jump pads go to the center, you can jump, out, charge and go around the middle bridge. It's a good way to surprise/flank people who are on the other side of the bridge wall.

Spunky Cola-
    1. On the far jump pad that leads to top middle, there is the ledge on off the side that leads into the spawn.
    2. If you are on the second level, you can fly above the ledge, and AROUND the wall. If people are sitting on the other side of the wall, you can flank them in the ***. It's also a good way to escape people.
    3. With the last jump, you can fly ontop of the wall and keep flying, you'll essentially slide up the curve that will lead you to the top of that wall.

AND finally, on the buzzers. No. My guide was written for good competition, and most good players can hear buzzers coming from a mile away. You might get a kill or assist here and there, but I think it costs too much money and time (the most important thing) that could be better spent on things that are much more effective.
  20. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I had an idea about endorsements that might be good for those who cannot do without RoF, but still want the skill regen. I think that Armor/RoF/Skill Regen would be a great build. Yes, you do lose some accuracy, but the advantages of skill regen make up for it.

Xeno and I did some testing and we came to the same conclusion. There is not a big change in accuracy for the AR until silver accuracy is used. If you use the GL for long range, you shouldn't have an issue. Using bombs to weaken opponents, then finishing with the AR will win you most fights at mid-range. If you don't have the fortunate ability to use your bombs and you are fighting somebody with silver accuracy at midrange, you always have your charge to get away.

I think a better RoF is important because your AR is much better against tanks, and your grenade launcher is really slow without RoF. The grenade launcher is also a great weapon for displacing enemies because you can bounce grenades around corners to destroy or weaken opponents before they get to you.

This is the end of my idea for endorsements, but I do have another fun build. Try Accuracy/RoF/Crit or Accuracy/RoF/Armor. Stay at mid-long range from your opponents and have fun. If you like to zoom, you can keep a gunner out of their effective range and tear through them.