Kckzi's Assault Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by kckzi, January 23, 2011.

1. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Good guide, Kckzi. It took me a while, but I've finally come to accept that I'm not Xeno and that I need armor.
  2. alanebro82

alanebro82 New Member

I run 3 different assault builds, but none are the one you recommend. I will have to give it a try. I will say that my gold armor assault is seeing more and more play time; a dead assault with gold crits does less damage than a living assault with gold armor!

Nice guide.
  3. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Note the last sentence in that paragraph from Kckzi. The guide instructs to use gold armor because it's meant for how he plays in privates. Most teams in a private 6v6 will have 2 Assaults/Tank/Assassin. Gold Armor is pretty much needed.

If you were to get the sand out of your vag about missing the tournament game and read the whole OP, you wouldn't come across as a moron to everyone in the thread.
  4. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Pretty sure he still would.

Good guide, Kckzi. To anyone that doesn't know, I've never seen an assault that's better with the bomb than Kckzi.
    Last edited: January 24, 2011
  5. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Dude, Wallace, what endorsements do you two typically run? I would love to put them down for others to try out for their own.

Xeno plays pubs almost exclusively from what I've heard.
  6. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Almost. I've played a few privates with him, turntables, teapot, jim bob, K Rool, Xknight and a few others.

Anyway, I am hesitant to make an armor build. In this case, it's just doing math.

I want armor, acc, rof and clip. If I use gold armor, I'll either have RoF or acc on silver, which will most probably be acc because I use gold acc on my current build. Then, I need RoF because I'm (again), so used to it, but to clip as well. That way, I just have no space for armor.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

edited: partly cleared

Teo is better in my opinion with a bomb. not that he uses regen endorsements like us.
    Last edited: January 24, 2011
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Bro, your being very non Tranquil right now. Try to have an opinion without being hostile.
  9. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Xeno plays pubs almost exclusively from what I've heard.[/quote]

He said he's game for private matches. Next time you invite me to one, I'll invite him if he's on.
  10. Miracle

Miracle New Member

Good guide, but wheres your portion about chasing haha.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Kckzi amazing guide bro. Imo what Deadeye is to the Gunner you are to the Assault.

Ok, I think you all will agree with me that it would be best if the mods just deleted all Bro's post in this thread for the sake of the guide. I mean didn't he say something like he wasn't coming back but yet he did anyways? For real Bro, learn when to let it be.
  12. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

My endorsements are in my sig. Armor/RoF/Health Regen. The difference between vanilla regen and bronze and is huge. It gives you a massive advantage in stand-offs and allows you to push constantly. I find that with skill regen my skills come back faster than I need them, and accuracy is alright, but the AR is going to mostly pick at people if they know what they're doing.

I get very annoyed waiting to get my health back.
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

Brotranquilty is bad at monday night combat.
    AAAAANNNNDDDD:
    every time jon or i have played against him and his group, he quits out when his ball goes down.

anyways

i enjoy bronze health as well. a tactic i use against other assaults is to duck behind cover when my health gets low, then pop up and tag them with a bullet or two to stop their health regen.
  14. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

This. I played against him months ago, and I still remember the perfectly-placed bombs.

I've been trying to get better with Assault - apparently we need more of them in private matches* - and I've mostly been using Xeno's ROF-ACC-Crits build, which is great for kills but not for survivability. I'll give yours a shot, but I feel I'd miss out on ROF too much, perhaps I'll try ROF-Armour-Acc.

Glad mods are keeping an eye on this, it's getting a little too herp-de-derp in here.
  15. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Kckzi: Great guide for higher level play. Undoubtedly one of the best and most knowledgeable assaults in the game. I may not be into private matches, but there is a definite need for guides which focus on higher level play. /respect

Everyone else: Quit with the drama in the guides. Last Warning.
  16. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Easily one of the better, if not best, Assault guides on the forums from someone that knows what they're doing. Good stuff, kckzi, and I fully agree that the Bomb is a lot more useful than people give it credit for, as it is always the first thing I upgrade when I run Assault.

There's one thing that bugs me, though. I've ran a few armorless Assault builds for pubs and privates, and they've gotten me pretty far, but it's fairly obvious that Gold/Silver armor is the way to go when playing people with higher skill levels. However, every ROF-less build has given me close-to-no success, as I can't seem to do as much in killing bots or other pros as compared to one with RoF. My weapons just seem to fire too slow without it (my current build is Armor/RoF/Skill). Considering your DPS takes a massive hit from running no RoF, is the Accuracy buff really necessary?

Also saw you in one of my games earlier this week, and I remember you doing well, but you didn't stay too long. With the teammates we had, though, I didn't blame you.
  17. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Yeah, my original build used to be Armor/Skill/Health Regen before the DLC (stolen from shini), because it was the perfect class to bomb jump 100 feet in the air, and just fly around dropping bombs from the air. They had no height limit on the jetpack back then. After the DLC, it was still a rather effective class for getting in and out of battles fast as hell. The difference between health regen bronze and nothing is HUGE, but our team runs a support, so I figured I'd use it for something else and hope he does his job properly.

If there is one thing I want people to take away from this is, it's you can still play YOUR style with gold armor. I would love to run RoF, and honestly, I'd find it easier to deal with other assaults if I did, but my job on my team (that runs two assaults) is to dislodge people from areas of control (using my bomb). So typically most my fights are using bomb and backing people off from midrange, where I need the accuracy. Our other assault, xsmokez, has been trying my build, but typically runs the miracle build (armor,rof,acc), because his play style and contributions to the team are somewhat different. Overall though, the difference in no RoF and silver RoF is huge in terms of dps, but I just play differently.

Also, I remember that game (I had fun with your club tag). I'm not immune to bad games, but I was waiting for an invite to a private game, so I could be placed on the second team. I was mostly goofing around until I got the invite and left.
  18. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I believe people need to stop using my as a reference to assault playstyles.

There are different endorsements and different levels of improvement (gold, silver, bronze). This shows that there are more than one way to play each class.

This guide shows a more bomb-oriented build with heavier armor for longer survivability. The bomb is extremely effective and I would highly suggest this build with a team to back you up, or competitive matches in this case.

Amen.
  19. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

Got a few questions for the pros out there - I haven't been playing the game that long, but I have really gotten to like RoF/Acc/Clip on my Assault class, and I haven't really tried anything else. In your guide you stressed the importance of armor, so I would really like to try it out for a few matches.

Now, I don't think I could go without Gold RoF, so how does Silver Armor compare to Gold Armor? And while I'm here, how does Silver RoF stack up against something like Gold RoF/Bronze RoF? I plan on messing around with it after I get done with my school stuff, but I would like to go into it with some background info.

Thanks peeps. (Oh, and great guide :p)
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i said i wouldnt post here, but i will anyway because im nearly sure that i have an agreeable opinion on this.

gold rate of fire has been tested to be nearly identical to silver. there are perks to gold rate, faster turret and bot killing with grenade gun, but silver is a better value.

therefore, if you want to try an armor build (about that, my opinion with have to stay to myself), then try what they use, with gold armor and silver rate and bronze something (accuracy or skill are both great bronze)

if you want armor silver, than gold skill and bronze rate of fire are good, but your weapons suffer at the cost of your skills, so if you arent well rounded with how to use charge and bombs constantly (which with gold you WILL have them constantly), then id suggest just do gold armor.

again, accuracy endorsement are a good second choice in my opinion, but others will also say that accuracy is a good gold perk, with silver armor and bronze rate. in my opinion, thats not a bad idea because the accuracy will make up for the lack of rate, and silver armor is still useful.

if you do wana try things, everyone here would probably agree on trying these:
    gold armor, silver rate, bronze accuracy
    gold armor, silver rate, bronze skillregen
    gold skillregen, silver armor, bronze rate
    gold accuracy, silver armor, bronze rate

taking the rate out would leave options that give you more longevity, like clip size, or both accuracy AND regen, but in my opinion thats great but takes a skilled hoss to use that kinda assault cuz all those strengths do make weaknessess.