K/D farming forumers.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Lagoon7, December 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adeadzombie

adeadzombie New Member

My friend didnt buy the game because the last of his trial time was taken by spawncampers :(
  2. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

not every game is spawn campers
  3. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Limed for so much truth.

When I am in a party we rarely lose our room. Why? Because if the other team is starting to get steam rolled (turrents down in less than 1 min, bots on the ball in 2 min, etc) we pull back. We turn our focus to controlling the middle and keeping out of their base. After 5 minutes of this most teams will have rebuilt their base and then we push again.

The great thing is that alot of pubs get better after multiple games of us doing this and before we know it they are putting up some decent competition.

Basically, Pothocket is speaking truth. If you don't want game to end quickly, then don't end the game quickly. If you don't want people to rage quit, then don't crush random pubs. If you don't want both, then don't spawncamp.
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

blued for ease on the eyes
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Exactly.
  6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Lol? Really. :lol:

There's no way to stop people doing this. If you're annoyed about it and don't like it happening to you, RAGE quit, or stay in your safe zone and stop feeding.

If a team has been organized, good and structured enough to get you all into your spawn, destroyed all your towers, then you've lost anyways. I sometimes get lucky enough to run into some real bad players and just spawn kill solo. I mean if I can take 3+ people alone in their spawn then why not, if they're that bad?
    Last edited: January 2, 2011
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

:shock:
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

so if you are better than them, they deserve to have a bad gaming experience?
  9. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

No, but what are we calling spawn killing here? Right outside the coloured wall, or in the vincinity of the moneyball?

And what I meant was that if they have managed to move their team into your spawn/ moneyball vicinity, then it's GG my friend. If they choose to venture out and get killed then that's their decision. You can't really say "OMG spawn killed" when their team is destroying the moneyball, metres away from the spawn. It's kind of hard not to.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

generally spawn killing in MNC is killing them as soon as they leave the spawn room doors.
  11. Reltsirk

Reltsirk New Member

Well I'm not in the mood to search for what ideas people have actually come up with so far, I'm sure someones already mentioned maybe a 5 second invincibility, or at best a 50% damage reduction for 5 seconds. That shouldnt be more than maybe 2 full seconds for you to actually leave the doors. Or maybe turning the spawn doors into a large open gate connecting all of them. I mean its better than funneling three small, narrow areas where the pros come out at. Maybe a teleporter of some kind from the base to the bottom center of the moneyball, that way it stops people from ganking easy but you can make it out safe. You dont have anywhere to run, but it allows people to defend their moneyball at the center. Juiced players the issue more? Maybe when the moneyball is down you gain juice slower to compensate for the bots being at half health... What's really the problem when you are the one being stuck in the spawn?

I dont think the issue is who is doing it, because its obvious from the looks of this thread people already know, but how can this actually be resolved. Games that fluctuate are obviously more fun. Sadly the games described by the thread more amounts to "GEE I HOPE WE DONT GET GANKED AT OVERTIME AND LOSE CAUSE WERE KILLING THEIR DOODS.", versus the other teams inexistent "Lets make one last push and see what happens," feeling.

At any rate I hope whatever you guys consider trying out works in the end.
  12. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

AND ignoring the moneyball completely.

I have no problem with controlling the spawn. Its necessary to do to keep your moneyball damagers alive.

But if you are killing people coming out of their spawn for more than 1 minute, you are doing it wrong. You should have won the game by then.
  13. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Farming kills on the enemy's spawn ring is in very poor taste. Wanna know what isn't in very poor taste?

Going all Tank or all Gunner and spawn killing long enough to get their entire team in the spawn room, then having three people deploy with their backs to the spawn room barriers while burning the jump jets!
  14. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

If a team did that to me, I would laugh my *** off.
  15. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

I'm going to do this.
  16. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

Perhaps something around the top spawn ring that slowly damages the opposite team, or maybe ejects or hurts them at certain intervals? So, while you could control spawns for awhile, you'd eventually have to move because you would be taking damage or would get flung about?

Even if there was a timer that would let the spawn campers know when it was time to move, when they do eventually move, that would be enough time for the people trapped in spawn to escape and start pushing back.
  17. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Did this on a whim at the end of a match today after I chased a support into his base (just me though, only one door was covered). I got two kills very quickly, then the game ended.

:shock:
  18. sxd24

sxd24 Member

I was present, and laughing my *** off, so I can back up this claim. :lol:
  19. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

We did it on Steel Peel a couple of days ago as an all-Tank team, and their team members quickly left. They had only one Assassin left on their team, then I suddenly had two kills register on my screen. Two kills from players I didn't remember. I didn't bother to check the stats screen before undeploying, and when I did, an entire team pushed their way through the hole I'd just left them and pretty much crossed the streams all over my Tank face. I was giggling for the rest of the match.

That may have just been the plum sake, though.
  20. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I like the idea of an ejector for the spawn ring, might have to have it be special in that it kills or ejects deployed characters.

Maybe have the spawn ring engulfed in super damageing flame jets so people floating over the ring get damaged.

I don't think the cooldown needs to be any longer then a normal ejector, of course the activator is in the teams spawn room.

Another idea might be to allow grenades/thrown objects to be thrown through the spawn doors. This could make it easier to make an opening through the spawn campers.

I think a spawn room jump pad could be abused to allow people to get into positions they normally could not.

Maybe a teleporter that let's you exit throughthe botspawn.

Temporary invincibity might be the easiest option as long as there is no chance of it glitching and lasting longer then it should. And it should only activate when you first spawn not if you leave and re-enter the spawn room.

Maybe have like a temporary ghost mode where you could walk through enemies but not shoot or use skills until it wears off? This could allow you to get past the campers.

I hate to say it's a legit startegy but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.