just saw the price for steam alpha access and.....

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thetdawg3191, June 13, 2013.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I think this site should generate steam keys, and steam need not have an alpha release page or mention of alpha. Then you can say the price is $40 again and that the game isnt due till december.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Quite funny to see people on steam cry about the price when steam generally is the most overpriced platform anyway xD
  3. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Sometimes i want to kill people.

Rating a game that isn't released, that you haven't payed for, off a price?

Are people those inept? Are people this ******* stupid?
  4. Littletiger

Littletiger New Member

On the bright side, at least they wont be testing the game :p
  5. deso88

deso88 Member

Sort of. Most of them are 12.
  6. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

I don't want to be on this planet anymore.........
    Luckily I can go to another one that Uber made and try to help find bugs and play something awesome and try to help keep it awesome.
    To all us alpha testers I've enjoyed playing against you and hope to do so because there has been no bm in defeats
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Hah, you think you could eh?

You haven't realized yet the dastardlyness of uber!

Just wait untill asteroids and crashing gets implemented in the alpha. Where will be your planet then when it gets destroyed? Where will you hide? Leaving the planet, hah!

Hah ha ha ha!
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=47801&p=742936#p742936

Everyone go here, and post a 10 review for this game. This way we counterbalance the steam folk who had no merit to review it anyway. Hopefully, the review place will take the reviews down and lock it at 0 reviews until the game is actually released though.
  9. cola_colin

I admit I put in a 10 on metacritic, but honestly giving it 10 now is just as wrong somehow. As much as I love PA the game is so far from being finished that it is a joke to rate it. What can be rated is Ubers interaction with the community, though. And that's definitely a 10+ :)
  10. Littletiger

Littletiger New Member

can they request reviews are pulled until the game comes out?
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

After a substantial 'donation' is made to the Metacritic Bank Account, probably.

Mike
  12. cola_colin

metacritic should take all rating down actually. The game is so far from being finished that all ratings there only can be wrong. I just send a mail to their support asking them to consider it. There is just no point in putting an alpha on metacritic. I wonder what they will answer.
  13. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Especially considering those 'reviews' aren't even about the game itself, but the Company's Business Model.

Mike
  14. asgo

asgo Member

that's a general problem of reviews, they are often enough just used to vent frustration and have near to nothing to do with a halfway objective review of a product.
    at least with reviews you can gather an impression how the quota of "misguided" reviews is in this case and modify the score. Rating systems without obligatory text are often enough next to useless.
  15. warlockgs

warlockgs Member

Pretty much this.

There IS a somewhat lively thread on reddit going too, which I've managed to involve myself in to maybe help people understand why the price is the price. I think I've been sort-of successful in two cases; we'll see.
  16. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Really? Are you kidding me? A meta critic for an totally unfinished game, that does really make no sense...
  17. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Reviews of movies... on amazon... mostly concentrate on the DVD, the packaging, bonus material...about the movie itself...nothing...
  18. kingsmaug

kingsmaug Member

Honestly, having metacritic take down the reviews and block all reviews until the game is released would be for the best.

Those have to do with the physical product and how it was handled. If you're going to buy a physical product, you want to know what condition it was in, how it looked, etc. If you want to know about the movie, you're going to go somewhere else...
  19. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

This is why they shouldn offer alpha to anyone who wasnt part of Kickstarter.

It only leads to trouble. its just not worth it.

I suggest removing alpha access from steam asap.
  20. dosbag

dosbag Member

How so?