Just a heads up - Rank reset and new build going live today

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, November 25, 2014.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

In system designer, click edit metal spots. They should turn blue. At this point, you can not select them, instead you can simply hit M (default key) to add a new one to where your cursor is at, or B (default key) to delete the one your cursor is on.
    Remy561 and drz1 like this.
  2. jables

jables Uber Employee

Good find! Will get it fixed for the next build.
    Remy561 and drz1 like this.
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I am laughing so hard at this! XD I don't understand how she has absolutely no latency though, lol.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The powers of animation and lip sync are strong. :)
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Thanks for that.

I believe an instructional page (e.g., a help button in the System Designer) on how to use the System Designer would be useful. It doesn't have to be fancy; just tell people how to use everything. For instance, while the keyboard bindings page tells us what buttons do, it doesn't tell us that we have to double click the CSGs before we can manipulate them, or that metal spots behave differently.
    maxcomander likes this.
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

Yeah, system designer could use a lot of that. We are going to be pushing for more help for new players soon, but will be concentrating on the core game first. I could see us coming to system designer at a later date however.
    Remy561, drz1 and maxcomander like this.
  7. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

I created a complete bug report including descriptions of the four separate bugs I discovered, steps required to reproduce three of them, and workarounds for three of them as well.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/system-designer-bugs-in-75539.66180/

Please let me know if you need anything else.
  8. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

I love the new 1v1 leaderboard. But please uber can we get a 2v2 ranking too.
    thetrophysystem and cmdrflop like this.
  9. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Dox are still way too versatile. Yes there are counters but dox are still a pretty safe bet 99% of the time.
  10. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I've been able to use tanks against dox spam pretty effectively in almost all of my games so far. I've only lost when my opponent spams more tanks than me.

Not to say that they aren't too versatile, we still need to remove their AA and add back the anti-air bot, but I haven't found them OP, really...
    squishypon3 likes this.
  11. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I wasn't saying they were OP. I was saying they are too versatile, meaning they are a pretty safe bet which makes most games dox heavy encounters. The fact that they can raid so well and still be pretty effective in a head on encounter.