Just a heads up - Rank reset and new build going live today

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, November 25, 2014.

1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Happy from Fairy Tale; same people that made One Peace.:)
    Last edited: November 26, 2014
    drz1 and Remy561 like this.
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Microsoft do Anime? ;)
    cola_colin and Remy561 like this.
  3. lokiCML

LoL. I meant One Peace.:oops:
    Remy561, Raevn and squishypon3 like this.
  4. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Have any of you players tried the System Designer since it went live?

It seems to be doing some odd things for me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is unintended behavior.

I noticed that I couldn't grab the metal spots in order to manipulate them like I could the CSGs, so I changed the planet's radius to very small (310) in order to see if the planet's surface was interfering with line of sight on the spots. This is what happened in the System Designer:

Metal spots floating in space. I still couldn't click on them.
    [​IMG]

I then saved the system in order to send it to anyone else if they needed it, closed the editor, then reloaded that system. Now, CSGs are floating in space, and there are no metal spots at all.
    [​IMG]

I have since closed PA completely and reloaded the system. It's the same as in the second picture.

So, is the System designer working as intended, or should I file a bug report?
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Try using a different planet radius, as it looks like the CSGs are bound to a radius higher than 310.

If that doesn't work you might need to mess around with every setting to see if it resets the csgs, or just delete the planet.
  6. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

@killerkiwijuice
    Thanks for responding.

What do you suggest regarding my inability to grab ahold of metal spots? That's what started me messing with planet radii in the first place.

Also, kind of fun, I tried that planet in an AI skirmish, and I encountered some additional odd behavior:
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    CSGs and metal spots floated in orbit.
    I couldn't build anything under where the CSGs were... presumably under the metal spots too, but I'm not sure.
    When I commanded units to move, if a CSG was over that area, the path would go over the floating CSG and back down again.
  7. killerkiwijuice

Since I do not know how to reproduce this, there is obviously something wrong with height for the CSGs and metal spots. Try increasing the planet radius or changing the seed and it should be fixed.
  8. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

I duplicated the problem twice with new, different planets of different radii.

377:
    [​IMG]

874:
    [​IMG]

The problem seems to occur when attempting to Edit CSG/metal spots at a particular radius, then after that planet renders, changing the radius to something else. When going from large to small, I'm able to get metal spots to appear outside of the new radius nearly every time. The CSGs on the metal planet haven't done that for me yet though.
    Quitch likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

If you have any mods installed you'll need to disable them.

If not, only a dev can help you. :oops:
  10. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Indeed, changing the radius again linked the metal spots with the planet's surface, but the metal spots no longer face outwards from the center of the planet. Instead, they now sit at odd angles from the planet's surface. But, at least they aren't floating out in space, and the metal extractors can build on them.

[​IMG]

(still don't know why I can't select metal spots in the Designer)
  11. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

No, no mods. They just make things more complicated. :p

So, you really can't duplicate the situation yourself?
  12. killerkiwijuice

Nope I can't find out how to duplicate it, and those upside-down metal spots happen to me, so I guess they're just another OCD induceing bug like that annoying "5-" from last patch
  13. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Interesting. Well, thanks for your feedback, killerkiwijuice. We'll see what Uber says about it in the morning.
  14. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Try posting bug reports in the support section of the forum, in the appropriate thread for that specific build. Chances for the right developer reading your posts are much higher over there.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yes.

16. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

That wasn't intended to be a bug report. I asked whether this behavior was wrong, or if I was messing something up. (I also asked why I can't select the metal spots to move them.)

If jables tells me in the morning that this editor behavior doesn't look like it's supposed to, I'll complete a full bug report.

Edit: I provided a complete bug report, because jables indicated this behavior was wrong: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/system-designer-bugs-in-75539.66180/
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

They should scale the csg positions when changing the radius imho
    Remy561 likes this.
  18. raphamart

raphamart Member

Great! Now: balance and MOAR MAPSSS!
    squishypon3 and drz1 like this.
  19. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I'm having the same problem cant seem to find any way to edit/move mex. Not sure if it's a bug or me not knowing the correct procedure. o_O:confused::rolleyes:
  20. lokiCML

Microsoft as a animation department? :p /s