Jumping leads to fatigue SKILL > Jump Mashing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Strungouts, September 11, 2010.

1. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

Here's the problem. It's painfully obvious, and you're complaining about it.

I'm going to continue to click buttons that keep me alive.

Thanks for playing!
  2. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Nah I just like making you cry when I bunny hop around you guys and kill you with the shotgun. Just adds insult to injury with most people that cannot aim.

By the way I barely play support anymore. I play mostly as a tank now and still have no problem with bunny hoppers. I hate to see how you'll react once you face more assaults (and I'm noticing more that can pull it off nicely these days) that make more effective use of their jump jets while shooting. Especially when they jump off a bridge and get out of range of supports, tanks etc in that middle range area.
  3. WiredGunslinger

Here is where you fail in life. A support never gets the chance to bunny hop with me as they are dead long before they even get in range. Outside of meeting them at corners they should be long dead before...especially if your already spinning your guns.

Seriously it's sad when the character that can kill a class in under a second complains about an ability that even at level 3 can take around 5 seconds.

Have you ever thought about turreting while shooting them? Turreting bullets will slow them right down and you should be able to finish them off before they even get to your backside if you time it right.

If you get caught reloading, well that's a problem for a gunner regardless of who he is facing.

As a tank I have to actually get close to kill them so firebases are much more of a pain as the rail gun does piss poor damage against it and unless you've got a corner to work with...will kill you long before grenade/jet gun.
  4. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Turretting is just a good way to get a head shot.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You seem to have an excuse for everything. Fine. Don't evolve your playstyle. "Bunny Hopping" isn't new to shooters. It's been around since at least the Quake days...
  6. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I don't see how becoming more stationary, and losing the ability to throw the support is going to help against bunny hopping.

Plus I can kill bunny hoppers, it just usually takes longer as the hit registration get all screwy.
  7. WiredGunslinger

So really your main complaint should be about lag. Which I totally agree on. First thing I do in a match is test the lag and if it's going to be poor in anyway I'm out. Especially when your playing a tank and you have to keep your jet gun on the target very precise to keep the damage rolling.

As far as the turret option it depends on how close they are. If they are close enough to attempt a grapple then of course not. If they are farther out, turret...hit with one bullet stuns them to a complete slow down. Then you immediately get out of turret and finish em off. It's not like you have to stay in it. Just in/out very quick to get the stun on them and finish them off.
  8. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

My main argument has been about lag if you go back through the discussion. That and it is a cheesy tactic, not leet skills.
  9. DeadStretch

What is the difference between "a cheesy tactic" and "leet skills?"
  10. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Leet skills are more than button mashing.
  11. DeadStretch

But isn't every game played by mashing buttons?
  12. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

If you want to make board generalizations and be an annoying troll, then yes.
  13. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I don't recall quake having a weapon that locks on to a target and continues to hit them for a good distance away regardless of what direction the attacker is facing.

This issue really isn't the bunny hoping, it's that with any other weapon bunny hopping would make it harder for one to hit the target, but that's not the case with the hurt/heal gun.

Personally, I don't have that much of an issue with it, but if anyone has a right to complain about it, it's a sniper. The sniper doesn't really have any good way of countering the bunny hopping tactic if their up against a reasonably smart support that avoids traps.
  14. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

There is the issue, there isn't a comparison with anything else. There is no other class that can lock on and not worry about aiming while bunny hopping continuously. Hence cheesy/cheap tactics. Now as for another class that is getting kills while bunny hopping, they at least have to aim.
  15. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

That and there is no skill fatigue or reloading. I'm not saying it is impossible to deal with, it is just a big nuance at times.
  16. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

That doesn't make you any more honest for pretending people haven't thought of it. Oddly enough, we somehow disagree.

I'm sure the guys shooting through walls would rationalise themselves the same way.
  17. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

You seem to have an excuse for everything yourself. Being old doesn't make it any better, nor does it make it any less problematic in this game, which suffers from frequent and incredible lag. But don't let that stop you from fellating the game in virtually every aspect.
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i understand both arguements. bunnyhopping does seem to scream "please spare my juice meter and killstreak and ratio, ill do anything", and is done best by people playing like their on a lot of caffene. but nerfing it wouldnt affect the right classes or solve impact detection through lag.

given that, i think perhaps its best left alone. supports with shotguns at close range profit largely, man i hate it. but overall they cant harm anyone from a range, they are a support class. offensive classes are too bulky and slow once in air to shake off an aiming reticle. i have never survived a bullet due to finish me as a gunner by jumping. my large body barely shifts in a sniper's scope. assualts are supposed to fly and shoot, this is a obvious design to their class, and usually they are poor shots while flying anyway except for rare circumstances.

besides, the update being certified by microsoft right now is going to increase impact detection during lag. i will be happy that i can hit someone slowly strifing from mid range, let alone someone jumping around.

this game reminds me a lot of 2001 c&c renegade. that had a lot of bunny hopping and the accuracy didnt suffer when you did it, but the aiming while jumping was only so accurate anyway so it only saved your life as you fled. and even then there were people who stood still and aimed at a jumping opponent, which is easy at close but not point blank range. just a tip to put out there: if they bunnyhop, just get a little distance from them and stand still for just a moment and unload an accurate clip into them, and they normally die both in renegade and in monday night combat
  19. DeadStretch

If i was able to deal with it on Dreamcast with Dial-up then I am sure it isn't that hard to deal with now. Also Quake has much faster gameplay.

The fact that's it's "old" means that players should and have seen it enough to evolve and be used to it. You said yourself you're not a fan of shooter and don't play them often. Besides the minimal lag it's just a user error on your part.

Amaranth is this all you do here? Argue others opinions? I rarely see you reply where you are not quoting someone and telling them how "you" think they are wrong.
  20. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Minimal lag isn't user error.