Jumping leads to fatigue SKILL > Jump Mashing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Strungouts, September 11, 2010.

1. Rolo

Rolo New Member

Not even going to bother reading the rest of this post. Complaining about people jumping too much is down right laughable. Pathetic, but laughable. Uber, please don't listen to these whiners, good players don't have a problem with people *giggles* jumping around too much. Un f'ing believable. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Porshapwr

Porshapwr New Member

Wow. Where to start.

1. Before you tell other people that they need a "lesson" in something, it may be a good idea to first know the subject of which you speak. Because it's blatantly obvious that you know nothing about Halo or why the game is the way it is. Even better, I'm sure you get your *** handed to you in it. ;)

2. I'm on a lot of forums and speak to a lot of people every day. Every single day I think to myself "What's the dumbest thing I'll read today?". It's a hard title to capture given the state of the internet. But congratulations because you just won the prize and frankly, I'm not sure I can even put anyone on the podium with you. It's a run away victory.
  3. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

He posts about something he wishes would change in the wishlist forum, and it deserves world's dumbest post? Perhaps the way he went about it wasn't the best, but still.

Instead of insulting people or arguing over what you feel needs to be changed, why not give an opinion of what you think could fix the potential bunny hopping problem. A fatigue bar or a limit on the number of jumps in a row sounds good to me. What would you do to fix it?
  4. Shivers

Shivers New Member

Was about to post this, people need to forget about anything that's unfair etc when it's laggy, you can't based any balance or changes in the game for lag, base it for when it's lag free, and get to the root of the lag.
  5. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

To be honest, I'm not a big shooter fan, period.

This serves as testament to how freaking enjoyable this game is.

However, I've never played a shooter with it this pronounced. Ever. Maybe that's just me, but I kind of doubt it.
  6. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Long as it's on XBox Live and thus P2P, there will be lag. Even if the lag's not normally noticeable, it will impact things like this more readily.

If you fail to take lag into consideration, you fail period.
  7. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Correct, the purpose of this thread is how to limit the latency issues as there will always be some form of lag as the game is run P2P. Bunny-hopping is one thing in Halo where their matchmaking pairs up players of equal skill along with similar regional locations and gives them the ideal host based on these conditions. In a game like MNC where the host is often the first player in the room, bunny-hopping is anything but a simple fix.

Furthermore, having an employee of Uber add nothing useful to this thread makes it all the more worse as they do not recognize the issue, either with their netcode or with bunny-hopping in moderate/high latency games. I guess their testing never accounted for international players or players with poor connection rates as host. Feel free to prove me wrong, but a picture of a bunny rabbit standing on two legs isn't going to do it for me.
  8. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Not trying to instigate anything here, but a lot of people complain about bunny hopping in laggy games, which is perfectly fine. I understand that, due to lag issues, this can get pretty annoying. However, even in games with high lag, wouldn't you have a problem shooting people that are just moving left to right, without jumping? I've certainly had this problem, and I know I'm not the only one that's raged due to unloading a full clip of [weapon] and it not even phasing someone who's just standing there.

Otherwise, when the connection is decent or I somehow magically happen to be host, I never seem to have a problem with bunny hoppers. They basically just move in a straight line, so I don't really see why that's an issue. It's just all about aiming and timing.
  9. V A L K 3 N

V A L K 3 N New Member

Respectfully disagree 100% with OP
  10. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Are you aware one of the protips for the loading screen is something to the effect of: jumping helps to avoid being grappled. Laggy hosts are a completely separate issue.

You might not be aware but the game has a degree of aim assistance. It's most notable when there are 2-3 targets in front of you. Say I'm shooting an assault as a gunner and he falls back. A support runs in between the two of us and now my aim assist is likely to get confused. If you watch very carefully you can see it snap from one target to the next. It's not a lag thing.... but I believe in laggy games the aim assist hurts your aim and that is the problem. Hopefully the first patch will alleviate this problem.

I recognize this effect as it is similar to the smartlink from shadowrun but nowhere near as obvious (or that powerful).
  11. usrevenge

usrevenge New Member

people wouldnt jump like that if snipers didn't auto headshot because everyone is the same height in this game
  12. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Yes they would.
  13. VawnOTheDawn

VawnOTheDawn New Member

Instead of asking the devs to fix your problems, honestly, just learn how to shoot people in mid air. These genetically enhanced, part machine pros can already run for the entirety of the game and get shot numerous times without dieing... I find it odd that you can't suspend belief for jumping as well.

This game isn't supposed to be incredibly realistic, so there is really no need to impose a penalty on jumping. You can do it too, you know, and still be able to shoot people as you jump if you practice. If you can't learn to utilize an advantage that everyone who plays this game has access to, that's no reason to remove it completely.
  14. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

I'm tired of people just flippantly saying "learn to aim. I am aiming. I have the cross hairs over the center mass of of my target, I seen the bullet animations hitting the target, but I don't see the health bar going down the same way when they aren't bunny hopping. It typically takes twice as much ammo to take down a bunny hopping target than a target on the ground, just running about.
  15. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I only play pubs. I came across you yet again today.

Weeeeeird.

though all you showed me was that you wall walk and then run away when approached.
  16. Reltsirk

Reltsirk New Member

Now that this is mentioned [that and I havent seen this tip] That really is the only time I notice myself jumping.
  17. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I may have to steal your signature.

It's easy for us manly Tanks to not have to jump around, but for those not encased in premium De-Flect Body Armour (Eggshell Edition), bouncing around like a Mexican jumping bean on meth is the only comfort they have.
  18. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Of course, a tip advocating jumping to avoid grapples doesn't automatically translate into "bunny hopping is good," in the same way that beer ads don't mean you should drink until you die of alcohol poisoning.
  19. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Then you haven't seen the ads for my beer.
  20. Reltsirk

Reltsirk New Member

Beer its an explosion of flavor. IN YOUR MOUTH!

Is that close enough to your ads?