Juice rushing in overtime seriously ruins this game :/

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Diablohead, October 28, 2010.

1. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I want a sped up version of the main game that will reasonably end stalemates and have the better team come out on top.
  2. ShockerGeneral

ShockerGeneral New Member

PLEASE make the madness end...MNC is my fav game in a LONG time but this juice/OT combo is REALLY taking the enjoyment out of it....

Glad there are options in the upcoming patch for private matches but what about pub ones? All I play is pub - does anybody seriously enjoy having a game ruined by juice rushing in OT?
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Um, if you've read the Unmasking blog entries you would have seen that the juice machines are going to be put on a global timer just like the Annihilator is.
  4. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Yea, but if the timer is up at the beginning of OT or during any point in OT, then the timer just became useless...

It might not change anything if Uber doesn't have the timing right so you can't purchase juice at the beginning or most of OT.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

But if one person buys juice then no one else can until the timer resets.
  6. akraft7575

akraft7575 New Member

Every time i play the best game ever. It seams that some of the players on the opposing team have full juice only after a minute,or less. How is this possible? Is their a cheat i don't know about if so let us all have it to level the playing field. At the least make it harder to obtain or get rid of the juice all together. Juicing up would make a great secondary mission. Currently a juiced player can come in to my base destroy all of my turrets kill me and one other player two if he's lucky and still walk away unharmed. This turns the best game I've ever played into a game that gets turned off. Please fix this
  7. No-Blood

No-Blood New Member

I see what you did there.

I'll start my soapbox moment by saying I like overtime. Overtime is need to end a match quickly and decisively, to prevent a repeat of every hour and a half match of Two Fort, and to shame both sides in to killing the other team before regulation time is over. It's a needed and well thought out way to end the game.
  8. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

They set up a custom class, and probably have a juice box as their gold endorsement.
  9. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

A support can earn juice in the first 45 seconds of the game. Sniper and assassin can do it in about the same time as well, but they're a bit easier to prevent.
  10. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

In the first 1:00 of the game, the following classes can routinely get juice:
    -Support if he has enough to overheal (and sometimes they run gold juice)
    -Assassin if she farms enough juice from bots/turrets/drops
    -Tanks/Gunners if they deploy in front of your low level laser blazers and no one notices them.
    -Maybe snipers

As for dealing with juiced players, tanks are probably the best solo crowd controllers in the game against juiced players. Getting charge 3 as soon as possible will really reduce the effectiveness of support and assassin juice rushers. (Charge 3 + Rail gun grapple wastes over 75% of their juice, and is easy to get a ring out with). When we played against the developers, Scath and I were matched against a team of 6 from the forums for like 5 games straight. I got melee killed about 15 times, but I learned a lot about crowd controlling juiced players in those games and I'm a better player now because of it.
  11. DigitalArchmage

DigitalArchmage Member

I started out this thread thinking "yeah, you guys just need to get better at playing OT...", but then I saw the suggestion of crazy numbers of bots during OT, and then shields dropping at 30s til, and I now like the insanity idea better. The problem, as I see it, is best summed up as "the game halts any tower defense aspects during OT." And the TD parts of the game are what make it a novel game.

Though, a few things not considered in the thread so far:

MNC is basically an old-school gladiator arena, except swords and lions are replaced with lasers and jackbots. The audience came to see some action, and that action involves death and a dropped money ball. They don't want to go home and say that neither MB dropped - they came to see their favorite clones get paid. OT is a method of ensuring that it happens. The lion and gladiator don't hug because a timer goes off. The shields have to drop at some point, as a death is better than a victory by decision.

The problem with simply unleashing bot hordes in OT is that the same number of bots would appear on both teams, and then walk into each other. Most of the bots will cancel each other out, making players need little strategy with the bots. The new arena has one path for bots, but it would be neat if the 2-pathed arenas had unevenly stacked bot hordes (that is, they both put a ton of bots only on the left path). Players would choose helping their bots on the left, or taking on the incoming horde on the right (kinda like XLs how they walk down mirror imaged sides).

* Realizing that XLs are going to be different, strategically, on the new map... *
  12. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

Wow I've seen your posts around these forums. Why dont you stop being a jerk? This childish "get better" does not help anyone. Your pushing people form the game. Now to reply to this topic. I'm afraid the only thing you can do is Juice rush in over time.
  13. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

Sometimes I think Rudi could only be a parody, a "character" being portrayed for the sake of irony. But, unfortunately I doubt it.
  14. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

I'm glad you see juice rushing as an option.
  15. akraft7575

akraft7575 New Member

After my team dominated several different matches. The opposing team juiced up and took the over time win (4 out of 6 matches). Everyone on my team had a minimum of 20 kills so don't give me that crap about learning how to play the game. The juice fu...d us. It was fun but that juice crap ruined the whole experience. I even watched an opposing support hack into thin air and come out fully juiced destroy all six of my turrets and walk away completely unharmed WTF. However i did figure out how to overcome this major flaw in this somewhat wonderful game. I deleted it from my system, too bad UBER wouldn't fix the problem before it came to that. Back to Halo BY BY.... :-{
  16. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Maybe if you pushed bots properly instead of playing deathmatch you wouldn't have gone into overtime. Learn how to play. This isn't slayer.
  17. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

One thing that still bothers me is this: If both teams managed to hold off the other in a standard 15 minute game, what makes anyone think that if the game kept going normally one of the teams would win? If you can't bring down the moneyball in 15 minutes, you probably aren't going to do it in the next 15. The way I see it, Overtime is just a different game within MNC. You have to bring down the other team's moneyball, if you don't blow up their moneyball in 15 minutes, you have to play overtime. If the other team is more prepared for overtime than you are, you are going to lose.
  18. F5in

F5in New Member

Actually, quite often the time just flies by and overtime comes around just as you're making the final push to get their ball down. But, I wouldn't expect someone that just spawn traps teams of lowbies with a party every game to know that.
  19. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

If you are already at their ball when overtime starts there should be no reason to lose in overtime, but I wouldn't expect a noob to understand that.
  20. F5in

F5in New Member

Proof that you don't understand.