Juice rushing in overtime seriously ruins this game :/

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Diablohead, October 28, 2010.

1. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Really? Must I? Truly? Alright then.

If you'll note, it does this SPECIFICALLY to lessen damage from "Juiced Players". So, if it's done for a specific reason, then it's made to lessen the effectiveness of the aspect specified. Lrn2read.

Really? No **** sherlock. Why do you think people still bring attention to it? Because it's not fixed.

Might wanna change that to successfully works bud. If it doesn't go anywhere, it'll just be a huge letdown on an otherwise amazing game.

When did I say I lose during overtime? I'm always the Assassin waiting with juice five seconds beforehand who takes out the moneyball. However, if THEY'RE winning until then, cornering us in our base, and five seconds later the game's over in our favor, then there's a problem. Ending the game is a good idea. End it. Completely disregarding the first 15 minutes of play is not.

*PLUGS FINGERS IN EARS* LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA!!! See that? That's you. Great job there bud. Overtime can stay. The broken aspects should not. I've gotten used to it. I'm not going to stop addressing it.

Really? And you know what over three threads on the SAME topic means? The community doesn't like it. And, if the community does like it, it's usually for a reason.

Stop repeating the same crap over and over, and say something worthwhile. Maybe something new, and contribute to solving the problem.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

idk, i think overtime is a.... good idea.... after this next update...

i think its concept is good. the moneyball's shields drop, you can run up and kamikaze it for damage. if your team did well all game then you have the advantage. whoever does/prevents the most damage wins. and (especially after the update) there IS a way to prevent damage. gunners, tanks, assaults, supports, just sit there and spam OHKO skills at juice-rushers.

its your decision on what balance of attack/defend you want as your stradegy.

if it wasnt balanced before, its because juicers couldnt die like their health would normally justify, and that sniper rifles and railguns did massive damage from too far away to defend.

wala, fixed next update.

and if you dislike overtime, they made private games not need it. at least you can try to enjoy one of those every now and then. one reason i like new private match system is that c&c renegade AOW matches were 45min, and what i played (unlimited servers) had unlimited time (i do like chess so is it no wonder i would push vehicles, snipe, or combat opponents for tunnel control, for 2 and a half hours straight?)(and for that matter, once i joined a game we already pretty much lost for 2 hours, just to lose, but at least it was fun clinging to our remains of a base for 2 hours lmao)

but the only solution for overtime until we find a bigger problem with it post-patch, is to end it quickly and in your favor.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

BroTranquilty that's not the answer they are looking for. No use.
  4. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

And, it took you one post to get it.

You get a cookie.
  5. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

Now, I realize I am a dumb noob and all, but when a game has overtime, isn't it generally to break a tie?

Therefor the team that has caused the most damage to the opposing moneyball wins, and if it sits at a tie THEN overtime should commence.

That's my *******... I mean opinion.
  6. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I personally feel this would make much more sense. If you've done more damage, then you should win, plain and simple.

As it is, Overtime is like a "Get outta jail free" card where you can bring a victory out of nowhere.
  7. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I know Uber said that they weren't going to get rid of overtime, but maybe they'll make it so that overtime only happens on a complete tie. Something needs to happen, because everytime some one brings this up, everybody gets all heated. Then again, almost every thread here turns into a flame war after 5 minutes.
  8. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

The issue with it ONLY occurring during a tie would be teams that would do the following:

-Damage 10% of the money ball in the first 1:00.
    -Purposefully Let the Shields go back up.
    -Kill farm/turtle for the next 14:00.

And yes, this would happen. I've seen it in just about every shooter I've played with a objective game type that has a time limit which superceeds a score system. People score early, then farm kills the rest of the game rather than scoring again and reaching the limit. (While you could argue that currently, MNC is the same thing, the practical effect of current overtime is that one team almost ALWAYS [as in 95% of the time] destroys the moneyball before overtime expires.)

The game is currently (and rightly IMO) a race. The first team to destroy the moneyball wins. I can't recall a game since around level 10-20 in solo play that did not end with players destroying the moneyball before overtime concluded. Making OT ONLY occur during a tie would reduce the sense of urgency in the game and likely encourage a kill farming/team death match playstyle. It would change the dynamic of the game from a first past the post style race to a standard score system.

This is not to say that people currently DON'T kill farm for 15 mins, but experienced players know that if they do this and don't prepare for overtime, there is a very real chance they could lose.

I would predict that if over time were removed, a lot more games would go to the 15 min mark, and I'm not sure I would support this. (I can't prove it, its an opinion.)
  9. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

Hudson, I hadn't even thought of that. You are completely correct there bud. I should stick with my one good idea. :oops:
  10. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Yep.

Being an avid fan of shooters, I'd already considered this.

Now, I'd think that it would quite hard to pure defense. Maybe I'm wrong. It's even likely. I've never seen a team do this, so I've never had to deal with it (for obvious reasons). While in my later posts I was starting to exaggerate due to frustration, my main point is that Overtime as it is isn't right.

Either give us Jackbots akin to round 80 in Blitz, or (which they are now) limiting juice severely. It's as easy as hell to get it normally during overtime. But what I would love more than anything else is for the moneyball to stay up. Makes Jackbots actually useful.
  11. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I think overtime may be a bit better after the update.

Somethings I might suggest if still problematic (take them as a package or whole):

-No gold Juice endorsement from the package of buffs you receive in OT.

-Bots continue to spawn during OT (including the jackbots)

-Reduce the damage juice does to the moneyball in OT (again), buff the damage NORMAL BOTS (IE: Not class specific bots) do to the moneyball.

-Anhilator instantly refreshes if it is on CD (once) when only 30 seconds of overtime remain.

-Class Specific Bot spawns CD reduced to 5-7 seconds (from 10 seconds) during overtime

-Ball only drops on its own in the last 30 seconds of overtime (giving you 1:30 of overtime with super fast bot spawns while still having to manually take down shields).
  12. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

This one I actually disagree with. I like having to gain Juice normally, though only the weaker three are capable of doing it fast. This actually gives Jackbots some use, if nothing else. And, with the current damage done to the moneyball, I'd think it fair.

Yep. I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever to stop bot spawning.

Sounds interesting, and I'd support it. Keeps the objective of the game intact.

I guess? I don't see why not.

Yeppers. Again, would actually make them a bit more useful.

YES. YES. YES. YES. THIS. This is my single biggest problem with overtime. Moneyball down without bots = no point in bots/turrents.
  13. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

So I was thinking maybe we could extend overtime by a minute, and have the moneyball shields stay up. Eventually the jackbots will make it through defenses if your team can push well. That sounds more fun to me.
  14. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

A hectic push with your jackbots would be awesome. Try thinkin about that instead of "OMFG JUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!"

Yeah....
  15. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Well... I don't know about Jackbots actually ever making it to the moneyball. One Assassin juice rush and I could easily take out 5 of them. Even without juice they're not a problem to take out at all.
  16. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I think overtime would be a lot better if they extended it to five minutes, had blackjacks that ignore turrets with the speed and armor they get at their highest level in blitz and spawned jackbots on each side every 30 seconds.

Or, you know, something like that.
    Last edited: November 1, 2010
  17. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

As they are now, yeah. If they were actually a threat, like they were in Blitz, then it'd be a bit more difficult.
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yea, Snipers and Assassins can easily stop Jackbots in their tracks. I say that adding Bouncers to the waves, like in the upcoming Spunky Arena, would make that much of a difference. Then you'd have to watch out for stampeding Bouncers.
  19. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

In other words, it'd be nice to have a mode of Overtime that's fun.

Not this "rush or else" BS.
  20. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

So you want a longer over time where instead of juiced pro's rushing, you have essentially juiced bots rushing.