Juice Decay

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by conjurous_rex, April 6, 2011.

1. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

people have a right to use juice however they want
    be it an insta heal
    turret decimation
    kill whore
    or god forbid taunt for cash

dont like juice? play on servers with no juice buying and enjoy always playing to stalemates
  2. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

lol?
  3. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

How? There is 1 populated server with playable ping I can play on and it has juice buying enabled. This is something that is no longer possible in MNC due to its dying playerbase, but no worries I can always just launch stalker and enjoy not seeing juicers anywhere.
  4. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

HERETIC!
  5. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

All right then, define correct usage of Juice.

Oh wait, you can't. It's subjective. Gtfo trololol.
  6. Mainman

Mainman New Member

I am casual player and don't usually play together with my friends in a team. I just enter a server and play as part of a team as well as I can. As the teamplay is not very co-ordinated, the team that has even a one player that knows how to use Juice properly seems way too overpowering. It is no use building turrets and overhealing them, or trying to fend of a juicer with an airstrike marker. Assaults grapple is propably the best defense, but not always at hand. It is ridiculous how easily a juiced player can kill another player and base defenses.

Relating to this, I would hope that some of these changes would be implemented:
    - no juicing in overtime. The overtime is only 2 minutes long, and if the game has not been settled by then, it is better to let the time run out. Juice gang assault usually ends the game here, when moneyball defenses are down.
    - juicing would only heal and give a speed boost. No damage reduction, firerate or damage increase is really necessary. This way you can get away from a duel with an opponent, but the outcome is not always said in advance. Other option would be to remove the healing option from juice (and no damage reduction) but if the team has a good support, the healing part is already taken care of.
    - the duration of juice could be altered from the server settings
    - juice could be turned off completely from the server settings

I really like the game :) It has good attitude and humour, tower defense, character classes, skills, and even juice, make the game versatile and fun to play. I just hope that no one player could win the game easily, and that the duels with juiced players would become more manageable :)
  7. lilslayertorres

lilslayertorres Member

[​IMG]
  8. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Juicers aren't that hard to deal with, Assault Charge 3, Tank Charge, Grapples, Freeze traps, etc all deny a juicer use of his additional power.

One thing that irks me about Juice though, is it's ability to be used Offensively, and Defensively at the same time. One idea could be that instead of an insta-heal, damage taken cuts your amount of Juice instead of your health, thus effectively shortening the time the player has in his Juice. Turrets should, in this case, deal less damage to Juicers than normal, but not to the extent where a single juiced Assassin can strip a base of it's LV3.3 Rock-Its in a single juice without any pros behind to defend the base.

Short version: Juice makes you invincible. No healing whatsoever. Receiving damage cuts amount of Juice available to the Juicer. Juice duration buffed so a Juicer left alone will last 2x - 3x as long as before, but will vary depending on damage received.
  9. Robbert

Robbert New Member

Personnally i find that you aren't right. Juice is meant to be break a stalemate. If there is a base full of 3.3 rockits, you NEED a juiced gunner to get them destructed. Assassins would get only one down, two if they are lucky. And that juice is good against pros, well this game isnt meant to kill pro, but that you destroy there moneyball. But sometimes you have to kill them before you get to the moneyball.
  10. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

A lone assassin juicer WILL NOT be able to kill a 3.3 rocket.
  11. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

currently, it's possible but it's extremely hard, from my experience
  12. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

The last thing juice needs is ANOTHER nerf. It's already nearly worthless for some classes.
  13. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

very true

PS: dunno who necroed this lol
  14. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

I lol'd.

If they keey trying to balance juice by nerfing it all they're going to do is make it useless for the light classes and still useful for the heavy classes who have the natural ability to survive and kill people without being rung-out by someone slamming thier face on the keyboard.