Jig Nuclear Explosions - actually benefit the owner

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by cynischizm, December 2, 2014.

1. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Yes, this sucks. I'm sending tons of avenger to take gas planet back, they kill one jig and all die. Wow.
    I'm yet to see jig explosion chain reaction...
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I like the current Jig-Balance, it´s a good mixture of "everything can be conquered" and "it´s hard to conquer"!
    In other words: If you got a clever enemy none of you will be able to control the gas planet forever!
  3. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Well, I guess the two main questions we need to answer is:
    1) How easy is it to defend jigs from blowing up?
    2) Do we want the loss of one Jig to be the loss of every single jig around a gas giant?

Personally, as much as I respect the want of people to have some kind of high risk element to building them.
    I'm not sure I want my hours of preparation spent in building a Jig network to be completely destroyed by a single orbital fighter that just happened to slip through my notice even on my best day when I'm fully attentive and able to keep track of 5 different planets I own.

If people insist on having Jig explosion creating a chain reaction and lose every single one.
    Then I'll want them to have more hp or their own orbital defense weapons or both!
  4. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Jigs are so ridiculously resource providing that there NEEDS to be a downside to them. They were insanely powerful before but now there's no point to not building one asap.
  5. caljer

caljer New Member

I personally hate that jigs explode. Even if I were to micro a single avenger to attack each and every jig, ignoring microing them away before it blew up, that takes a very long and pointless time investment. Rather than being interesting strategy its frustrating. They give more metal than a tier 2 metal extractor and almost twice as much power as tier two power plants. The resource/time investment to kill them is always higher than it is to make them.

I played a game against my buddy the other night and literally all he did was send orbital fabbers to the gas giant constantly and auto build jigs. I could never stop his fabbers in time and it was too hard to kill off his jigs, so he ended up having a significant resource advantage.

Honestly if all they did was remove the jig explosion I would be fine. I have never seen a chain reaction ever. I'm honestly not sure if they can have one. If they removed jig explosions players would have to put effort into defending jig farms, through the use of anchors or orbital fighters. Having such a massive source of income be impenetrable is frankly kinda stupid.

As another note, gas planets do seem kinda pointless honestly. They don't add much to a game strategically, especially considering the current state of jigs. But then again I kinda think all of orbital is pointless (But that is topic for another thread).