It's "Advanced" not T2

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, October 3, 2013.

1. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Those high-tier units are from a mod, aren't they? I certainly cannot remember anything like a "Classified unit fabricator" or "Experimental unit assembler"
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

.. as douchy as this may sound i just don´t care about what unit is in what category
    the only thing i care about those trees is to know what a specific unit does and when i can build it if i want to build it .. done ..
  3. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

Many players called it tech 2 in TA days. Isn't the meta meta?
  4. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

I don't think that's douchey. I share your sentiment.
    I'm not going to get hung up on terminology either.

What I wanted to point out with that TA tech tree is that it's separated by tiers.
    Just like you said, it's about when you can build something, and that's defined by prerequesites.
    I mean, just this past week, somebody on the forums mentioned not knowing there was Advanced branch because they didn't see the Advanced factory and didn't know there were more units there to access!!!

It doesn't matter what terminology.
    A prerequisite/tier relationship doesn't go away just because people want to call it something different.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Not everyone is a native English speaker/writer.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

NO.
    you're gonna have to give me a time frame for that because he didn't say that in this video, just re-watched it.

I have actual quotes in between my quotation marks I dunno wtf yours are.
    Last edited: November 29, 2013
  7. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Are people still posting in this?
    Even if the devs said that it's called "basic" and "advance", that still wouldn't prevent me from calling it T1/T2...
    Seriously, these discussions about semantics have to stop :)

Everyone understands what's ment with T1 and T2, so where is the problem?
    It's not like we're calling them potatoes and yellow, or Brad and Jerry or something else completely unrelateable.
  8. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

So much time and thought wasted on a totally pointless vent thread that belongs in off topic......
  9. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

There is benefit to watching casts. The biggest is helping to establish build order develop the best practices for a game.

Watching Zaphod's casts has helped my game in untold ways. I am winning more consistently and with more developed strategies than I would have come up with on my own over dozens of games.

It is really difficult to see what you did wrong when the game is over before you think it should have started.
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

So much time and thought wasted on a totally pointless vent thread that belongs in the trash...
    beer4blood likes this.
  11. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I know... but some of the natives have their own little quirks with spelling