Iterate on the Gate (Teleporter)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tatsujb, August 4, 2014.

?

Iterate : (read the OP well, this is single-choice and you only get to vote once)

1. DON'T! (I like it the way it is)

52.2%
  2. only make gate travel time distance relative

4.3%
  3. only make orbtial travel time shorter + buff the Astraeus (more capacity+ faster+ faster build time)

14.5%
  4. only make gate T2 but can still be built from orbit

7.2%
  5. only strip the orbital engie from it's gate building capacity

4.3%
  6. make gate T2 and can only be built by ground engies or orbital factory

5.8%
  7. make gate travel time distance relative and orbital travel time shorter

1.4%
  8. make gate travel time distance relative and T2 and orbital travel time shorter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. make gate travel time distance relative and can't be built from orb and orbital travel time shorter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. all of the above

10.1%
  1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well since you ask, yes. [​IMG]
    websterx01 likes this.
  2. s03g

s03g Member

Technically speaking you can change the capacity of the Astraeus by changing the following line: "capacity":1 - the 1 can be changed to a number that the modder would prefer - I know that this method works as I decided to drop 7 Vanguards on my opponent with an Astraeus - a tad extreme but she was annoying me lol.

I think from looking at the code it should be moddable to show what is being transported from this line: " "transporter":{"capacity":1,"transporter_attach_bone":"bone_payload","transportable_attach_offset":"head"}" although I don't know much about how to make or modify unit bones - I just like tinkering about with the code - such as making boom bots nuclear which is good fun :)
  3. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Well I stand corrected then!:eek:;)
    s03g likes this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

How? I changed out and it wouldn't pick up more than one unit.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The real problem for transports is if you wanted to have transports like supcom, where units are held in multiple bones. There's also the issue that at the moment you need to load each unit individually if you make a transport with more than one capacity.

Are you sure you created the server mod correctly?
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I borrowed custard's files, but as far as I know I did. Though I am a noob :p
  7. s03g

s03g Member

I don't know if you've managed to do it or not so I've very quickly done it for you :). I've set the capacity to 10 although you can change it to what you'd like it to be :)

Attached Files:

8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

LoL, cool thanks!