Is this possible (auto reclaim)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by walmartdialup, September 5, 2015.

1. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

Reclaiming unit wreckage provides a great advantage in game. Often, I bring a combat fab with my army when confronting the enemy. If I win, I usually like to reward myself with reclaiming the wreckage.

Is it possible for the combat fab, when idle, to start reclaiming a certain radius surrounding them? This way, a player could just position their army over some wreckage and they would essentially gain a metal buff by the auto reclaim.
    Engineer1234 and tristanlorius like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

most likely possible
  3. tristanlorius

tristanlorius New Member

or better still, A reclaim turret (i'm looking at you robintick!)
  4. uzochi

uzochi New Member

Don´t units do this already automatically on patrol? Repairing and reclaiming and assisting building are iirc all functions that will be performed by units on patrol.
    Sleeser likes this.
  5. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

I believe reclaiming doesn't happen while on patrol. You would need to do an area reclaim.

I love combat fabs. I think they offer another element of Titans that can sometimes be overlooked: the cost of an army. With wreckage as a new source of metal, players that don't expand as quick can still stay ahead by reclaiming. Giving the combat fabs the ability to auto reclaim while idle can allow the player to reap the benefits of actually surviving a confrontation. Having them protected by an army is a good way to emphasize the importance of winning a battle if it means getting a slight eco boost.
  6. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I noticed combat fabs auto reclaim wreckage when you give a group of tanks and combat fabs an attack move order.
    This is actually bad behaviour because they prioritise reclaiming over repairing your units, which does lead to more wreckage, yours !
    They don't however auto reclaim when they are idle, this is a thing we've requested the devs to implement, no answer on that yet though.

@tristanlorius my engineering station can reclaim, but it's basically a combat fabber on a stick ;) so it has the same options and limitations as a normal combat fabber, except that it can't move.
    It can actually get stuck if you give it an area reclaim order for wreckage that is out of range, because the unit doesn't understand it can't move lol.

If you want auto reclaim to become a thing then let the devs know you want it implemented by directing their attention towards the server API requests thread: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-titans-server-api-request-thread.69855/
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i would hope uber to add autoreclaim for patrol and arealpatrolorders for when you are truely lacking metal ..
    should not reclaim when storage is full/overflowing
    huangth likes this.
  8. huangth

huangth Active Member

And they should not reclaim if the energy is low.
  9. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Still want auto reclaim !
    Advanced modder people of the intertubes, can you make this possible in the new PTE.
    huangth likes this.