Is See through cover unbalanced?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by tinygod, February 17, 2011.

?

Which class benefits most for see through cover

1. Assassin

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Assault

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Gunner

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Sniper

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Support

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Tanks

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Mail

Mail New Member

Except that snipers are an effective counter to heavy classes. As a heavy class, the more snipers there are, the more you are locked down. On a team of three tanks, a fail assassin, and a gunner, or something similar, you're going to die a lot against a team of long range slayers.

Also keep in mind the tank isn't so focused on KDR, so much as devastating bots and short range lockdown.
  2. Nerfed

Nerfed New Member

Clear cover is better than solid cover. Take spunky arena for example (the thin walls to the left of either spawn).
  3. G3722

G3722 Member

Fun Fact:

Lebron James could beat Pat Riley easily in a basketball game, but that still wouldn't mean that he knows more about basketball than him.
  4. tinygod

tinygod New Member

you guys crack me up.. One minute you argue that you have to be good at the game to comment on balance, than the next you're making the old coaches dont have to be good argument.

Those who can do, those who cant teach right?

seriously, if this is something you are going to hide behind, than arguing with you is completely pointless.

congrats, that comment right there won the argument.. I feel no need to go further.. you have stooped to a level I'm not willing to follow you into.

pat riley, lebron james.. lol.... you guys are a joke
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Why is this thread open? Col. Jessep noticed how you can still see around ANY cover, glass or not. Someone else noticed it. I noticed it. If your at the edge of ANY cover, even non-glass, then half of your screen hangs around the side.

Thus, glass cover helps the approaching classes more than anything. Hurts snipers, not helps. Helps tanks, not hurts. Hurts firebases because enemies can see them before they enter, hurts snipers because enemies can see them before they walk out. Enemies BEHIND SOLID COVER can see enemies BEHIND SEE-THROUGH COVER, and not vice versa, so the enemy behind the solid cover always has the advantage.

So, why has this thread continued? People sure do argue a lot of losing arguements lately. In my opinion...

[​IMG]
    Arguement Settled. Closed. KTHANKSBI
  6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

bending FOV around corners in 3rd person, is not the same as strafing in and out of cover..

you guys don't want to talk about it, because it comes too close to bagging on your sniper/assassin class's..
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Congratulations, you made it in before the lock as well!

No, I don't want to talk about it because EVERY GOOD PLAYER TURNS THEIR SCREEN AROUND CORNERS TO SEE! They do this with EVERY COVER.

No, I don't mean strafing out to see, I mean hugging corners so your camera hangs out and you can see, like this.

This is a game I used to be big into playing. Modern Warfare 2. Notice that this guy will stop at corners and turn his screen. As he does so, he can see around the corner, but he is not out from behind cover yet. He also hugs cover while constantly doing this from both sides, like the propane tank early in the game. He stays behind the propane tank, but he can everything past the propane tank while remaining hidden behind it.

All without glass cover.
  8. tinygod

tinygod New Member

lol

god you are oblivious.. i'm talking about strafing in and out of see through cover.. because you never loose sight of the enemy.. at any point.

Go rage some more about quitting when snipers get nerfed..
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Did you see the video? In 3rd person, you don't need see-through cover. You never lose sight of any enemy at any point while he is behind the propane tank. He can see them all, and can jump out and have suprise buttseks all he wants with any passing enemy, and that enemy will never see him coming.

Snipers being behind see-through cover, is like a sniper being behind a glass propane tank. See where i'm getting at now? People can now see the sniper behind the glass propane tank, when they are behind a solid propane tank, so they don't get suprised-killed by the sniper. Technically, the sniper can't even see them back. Solid cover is BETTER than glass, glass cover simply NERFS camping. I'll go get a dev to confirm this right now, as much as I bug them already.
  10. G3722

G3722 Member

[​IMG]

Oh and Tiny. Not to bust your bubble, but Coach Riley was a good basket player on his youth before being a great coach. Even as far as winning an All-American title.
  11. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

Is something that offers a benefit which both teams have equal opportunity to take advantage of unbalanced?

No, in fact this question makes people that read it dumber.