Is Assassin going to get nerfed?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by ohknee, January 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Vein fusing? Try vein confusing. Dont listen to the eggheads, listen to the athletes. Metabolightning adds quickness and speed instantly, with minimal scientifically proven side effects.
  2. Drakes

Drakes New Member

I'd like to see facestabbing penalized abit, like 15% less damage or 1-2 sec longer frontal animation. Heck maybe even the victim punching back at the sin doing some damage in the process.

But yeah, its always irritating when you turn to check your back to be greeted by a facestab.
  3. Smaz

Smaz New Member

The only thing i find that needs to be nerfed is the lunge + front grapple. As a sniper its very annoying when sins lunge over your trap and intantly grapple you while youre busy shooting someone else.
    The damage seems to high, they either need to nerf lunge damage or front grapple damage imo. But otherwise assassins are fine, pretty easy to kill.
  4. Stryfe

Stryfe New Member

Use armor to survive it. Most classes can destroy an assassin after a facestab fails to kill them.
  5. Providence

Providence New Member

Most classes can not survive a lunge facestab combo even with armor.
  6. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I don't remember the last time I died to a lunge face grapple combo.
  7. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

That's related to bad players, not the incapacity to do so.

There were people that couldn't get a single kill with the redeemer in Unreal Tournament...
  8. Qtie

Qtie New Member

its a bit too early to decide wich class needs a nerf and wich doesnt.

we'll just have to wait until the majority of players get over lvl10 and then we can start talking business.
  9. FTP

FTP New Member

Hey.... Those things were hard to control <.<

Anyways. I didn't read everything, but is there really a need for an assassin nerf? They're not that powerful and moderately easy to avoid, if you get the hang of it.
  10. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Gunner and Tank can survive a lunge-facestab without Armour Endorsements. Assault can with Silver, Support, Sniper and Assassin need Gold, methinks. If you see/hear an Assassin lunging at you, try jumping backwards. If you're an Assault, Fly+Charge away. If you're a Sniper, bunnyhop towards your Ice Traps. If you're an Assassin, try Smoke Bombing away. If you're a Support, get a Bulltrue with your Shotgun, and the excuse yourself by spinning your Shotgun around.
  11. ohknee

ohknee New Member

Well, this is my thread, so I figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread and being flamed.

I just wanted to warn people about the server called Slaughterhouse. It's hosted by someone named Dravu, and I was playing against a team of stackers who were all tagged up. They were doing well, but were getting dominated by me, even while I was clearing all their bots as an Assassin should. I was randomly banned in the middle of the game. I really hate rage bans, it's silly to make a server and then let your emotions get the best of you and ban legitimate players, so avoid this place at all costs if you're any good. :?

I generally wouldn't make this kind of post as it's probably frowned upon and seen as whining, but really now, it wasn't easy to overcome the huge advantage they had as a team working together, so I had to let some steam out. :)
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I say we should gather a crew of good players and raid their server.
  13. Smaz

Smaz New Member

this
  14. Sefam

Sefam New Member

The only problem I have with the assassin is that her face grapple almost insta-kills the Assault, which is a problem in itself, because the Assault now requires armor endorsement.

Otherwise, the assassin is fine and balanced.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The Assault is very agile and it's best to stay moving when playing as an Armor-less setup. Sure a face-grapple will kill you but if you stay moving it's easy to counter.
  16. Sefam

Sefam New Member

True, but I simply find it unsettling that the FACE grapple does so much damage against the Assault. I mean, he's an ASSAULT after all. Both classes seem to one shot each other. If the Assault charges into the assassin, especially at level 3, the assassin is screwed, but if the assault gets face grappled by the assassin, he's the one who's screwed.
  17. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Except, thanks to lag or even then perhaps not, and constantly staying off the ground all the time using jetpack, you may either get grappled mid-air as a bug or still get hit by lunging and slashing, and when the sin is running Total Recoil and Steel Peel like me, charge at that height won't kill and I still do huge damage to you.

It's still pretty silly and perhaps the assault might be needed to jump a tad higher to clear melee range altogether? Or find some way for jetpacks to "stick" to a predetermined height to negate starting it too early or late due to ping differences?
  18. Qtie

Qtie New Member

assasin only has a chance if the grapple succeds (and if the target doesnt die you use lunge.) how ever, a class that needs to be looked over is the tank.

my first game EVER as a tank:
    kills: 22
    assists:3
    Deaths: 2

was this supposed to be a challange? dont worry bout assasin nerf, only people who cant play QQ about assasins
  19. ohknee

ohknee New Member

I wonder. I can't really tell because I've pretty much only played the Assassin and the Tank is known as her worst matchup. I have to say though, the Tank has quite a lot of strength and epic skills for a class with the highest defense.
  20. velo

velo New Member

Tank and Assassin are both balanced, you just need to know how/when to engage them. Most players simply aren't experienced enough to comment on balance, no offense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.