Introduce yourself..

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 18, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I wanted to start a thread for new/current Uber Nation members to say hi and introduce themselves. We're also curious if you are a console or PC player mainly and what kind of games you like.

I'll go first

Hi, I'm Eka, the Art Director and Executive Producer at Uber. My time right now is spend on finishing MNC, polishing, lighting, cinematics, marketing and PR efforts like trailers, toys, press, etc. Most of my time is spent on MNC which means I haven't been playing too many other games. I'm mainly a console action gamer, shooters, RPGs, XBLA games and tons of games on the iPhone with my kids.
  2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Hello Eka.

Hi, I'm Justin... No fancy nick names for me yet but I don't mind. I'm a console gamer and have been for my whole life, I have played quite a few PC games but wouldn't call myself a PC gamer. My favorite genre for games would be RPG and FPS, My favorite RPG is Fable:TLC and favorite FPS is Team Fortress 2.
    I like real time RPGs and am not a huge fan of turn based RPGs.
    I like drawing but don't draw much anymore now that I don't go to school (No paper or a desk to draw on anymore :lol: )
    I should probably get a tablet so I can draw on the PC.

Becoming a game developer has always been a dream of mine but am not quite sure where I should start.

Yeah so thats me, Not sure if there was anything else that need to be added... Oh yeah I'm currently waiting for MNC to come out because my current games have not much playability anymore and MNC looks like a game I would really enjoy.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hi guys (and gal), Col. Jessep reporting!

I work in IT, study engineering and communication science and enjoy mapping, photoshopping, reading and lurking on forums in my free time. My favorite genres are RTS, all sorts of other strategy games and classic RPGs. MNC is the first shooter I'm really interested in in a long time.

The platform of my choice is the PC and I have never owned a console.
  4. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

Hello everyone, Magnus Rex here...

I'm a PC gamer surrounded by console gamers. I end up playing a lot of both because of this. I like to play most types of games except most puzzle games. I like games like L4D2, TF2, Bad Company 2, the final fantasy franchise, Mass Effect 1 and 2, the tekkan franchise, Starcraft 1 and 2, the C&C Franchise, and so on. I'm incredibly lazy and it doesn't help that I still have school. When I have free time however I spend it playing video games, cooking, listening to music, watching anime, reading manga, and programming. So yeah, I'm a bit of an otaku.

After seeing the game at PAX East, I'm excited to get my hands on MNC whenever it comes out. Another reason to add to my list of why I'm glad I still have my Xbox 360...heh...
    Last edited: April 20, 2010
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Hello, I'm Thomas Henry Ward III. But you may call me by my username which is "Gentleman".

I like videogames, my favourite genres are casual and maybe the occasional First Person Shooter games. I'm currently 19 years of age, 20 on Christmas Day. Studying catering and hospitality at college, working towards a level 2 degree to become a full time chef. I'm a bloody smart-arse, plus I'm a jingoistic anglophile.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I find it ironic that you're an Anglophile, but said smart-arse the British way.
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Anglophile:

also Anglophil (-fil)
    n.
    One who admires England, its people, and its culture.
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Sm1tty Sm1t here, or just plain Smitty.

I work in government -- I investigate the public utilities to make sure they are following the law. I'm 28 years old and married with a 1yr old son. My wife is WAY out of my league, so it must be my amazing personality... :)

I'm an AVID console gamer. An Xbox fanboy, if you will. within the last 5-7 years I've actually gotten into pen & paper gaming. In high school/college I was the typical jock -- partying, drinking, whoring.
  9. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Hi I'm John "Scathis" Comes. (skath is)

I'm the creative director at Uber Entertainment. I basically spend most of my time at work doing the design of the game mechanics, balance and level design but I also do a lot of game play programming and the occasional art asset when the prototyping calls for it.

I've been slammed as of late with my new daughter and putting in extra hours finishing MNC but when I do get time I play a bunch of console shooters. Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are the biggies at the moment. I also enjoy some more casual games, I play Farmville just to help out my mother in law, I swear!
  10. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

What happened to your old one?
  11. scathis

I have a 2 yr old son too, but my daughter was just born 10 weeks ago... newborns take up a lot of your time. :)
  12. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

GAH! stupid me, I should have realised phile was like not dislike.

not using that website to look up words again. FML.
  13. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

Hellooo. My gamer tag for just about everything is Hildogen, Hild for short is fine. Or if you prefer first names you can call me Tom.

Gradutated college about 2 years ago and have been a programmer on shovel ware titles for almost a year and a half now (yea I'm the kind of developer gamers hate =( ). Didn't really consider myself a "gamer" until high school, but I have been playing games for as long as I can remember. I consider myself a table top gamer before PC or console (I am a huge D&D player). Platform really doesn't matter to me, if it's a good game I will play it but if I have a choice I lean away from the 360.

I play League of Legends very frequently, as well as some Bad Company 2 and some TF2 every so often (PC for both). I'm pretty social and like to meet people so if you ever get bored just hit me up. Chances I will be bored too.
  14. HungryAntman

HungryAntman New Member

Hey guys, Anthony here, Nickname is Antman in a few forms.

I'm Living the life in California at the moment. I'm attending college classes (About half and half with Programing/Visual design and English, With a couple Hydroponics classes [More on that later] with my hopes set at becoming a game developer/Story line developer for a game company) I currently support myself by working at a Hydroponics store thats doing very well for itself. I spend most of my free time playing games. With no limits on system, I have a PC i built myself along with a 360, PS3, Wii, and my DC. I find I spend a lot of my time playing the **** i want to play on my 360 but I also have a hobby of clossed beta testing on my PC. (Started off with games from ijji.com and spread my roots from there then later stopped testing for ijji as they became ... jerks... for last of PG terms.)

I enjoy playing all sort of games. I played WoW in competitive PvP and Pve for awhile but quit recently becuase of my personal issues of where Actiblizzard is headed towards. I played a lot of MW2 but swaped to bad company2 once it came out. I played semi competitive BF2 on PC for a little bit but at the time I didn't have the PC to take it further. My favorite genre of games? Fun ones, That developers don't abandon working on it just because the game is released instead of milking out more cash from it.
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I go by Polynomial pretty much everywhere on the internets. Followed Uber after most of the them left GPG and started making this rather great looking little game Monday Night Combat.

I own 2 consoles. A dust collecting Wii and a 360 I use about everyday for 99% of the time Netflix. I play about everything but sports games.
  16. Unreal

Unreal New Member

Haiyooh! I'm Aaron but my nickname is Unreal.

I've been a gamer for almost as long as i can remember, still remember back before Xbox LIVE hit the scene, ah the good old days playin Goldeneye, super smash bros. and Halo: CE with old friends. And i may be young but i know quite a bit about classic games ;)
  17. scathis

That's what you consider to be 'classic' games?!
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

What Scathis means is that some of us have seen the dawn of gaming. I recently installed an Amiga 500 emulator and played some Oil Imperium. I think that was probably one of the first games I had.

Does anybody remember the the good old Competition Pro? :D

[​IMG]
  19. scathis

Exactly CJ...
    Classic games to me are games like PacMan, Donkey Kong, Combat, Adventure...

Man I'm getting old.
  20. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

If your getting old, what does that make me? I am only 28 have but have had or played on every console. I favor consoles

Roots = Atari 2600/Calico Vision

Every generation from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft.

Top 10 games in no specific order (and for most I also factor in sequels):

- Chrono Trigger
    - Doom
    - Team Fortress 2
    - Parasite Eve
    - Mega Man
    - Final Fantasy
    - Halo
    - Call of Duty
    - Zelda
    - Quake