Interested in a tournament?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Myst, July 24, 2011.

1. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

oh sweet , im in if i get my video card replacemnt in time. My 8800gt just died this week :(
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I has configs if you don't.
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I have seen robinsons nuts.

Still signing up.
  4. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

5. Robinson

Robinson New Member

You never played panties though so it's cool.
  6. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

I second the bacon idea.
  7. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Do you think it is worth joining, without having any mic or headset?
    I would love to participate, but i am not sure if anyone wants to have me on their team when i can't talk to them.
  8. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

Given the average MNC skill level, it's worth joining if you're a blind and deaf one armed midget with a ball mouse and a 5" cracked monochrome screen living on the Moon and using pidgeon mail for transporting your TCP/IP packets. Space pidgeons though, that's quite cool.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: July 29, 2011
  9. Robinson

Robinson New Member

Hi I'm Robinson and this post made my balls tingle.
  10. Myst

Myst New Member

11. Awpteamoose

Well, Robinson and Vlane said otherwise so it was 2:1, nothing personal.
  12. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Ok, thanks for the detailed information, i just signed up. Sad times for my teammates. I hope thats what you wanted.

Also i do not live on moon. I am just armless, homeless and can't afford a real pc, so i break into houses, equipped only with a USB-stick containing MNC and a portable version of steam, when I want to play. Because of the absence of arms, i just sit on the keyboard to play. This works fine against pub Players, but if better players join i have to hop up and down a bit.
    [/slight exaggeration]

On a more serios note: Have you thought about playing with only eight teams? I fear we might not get twelve teams together.
  13. teapot

teapot Post Master General

wish there was a cross platform function with this game. we can easily fill up a tournament that way.
  14. Awpteamoose

And we'll beat you up like childern.
    xbox funny gamepads will never be anything remotely as precise as m+kb
    not a flamewar starter, just a fact that all smart people already admitted
  15. teapot

lol of course you're not trying to start a flamewar, since that just HAD to be said. :| m+kb has it's advantage in precision, but I don't think I'd be too worried against some of you even with the huge aim crutch. I believe the meta game is more advanced on xbox than PC. I've seen some scrim/private match game plays from PC where I've been confused on the decision making of some players.

I expect you to beat most of us like "childern" but I only expect a few of you guys to beat the better players.
  16. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Regarding the assassin: with the current mechanics on 360 any 360 sin would get outplayed by a good PC sin (like Myst or me). You'd have to change that first, after that we can talk about aiming (i.e. Hentai, Tib, verden killing people left and right).

Just sayin'.

Edit: Although, just buy the PC version and play there with a gamepad. Bam, we have a tournament.
  17. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

Not just that, but there's a massive raft of changes. Stuff such as sniper traps lasting 6 seconds less (or something), assault bombs only recharging once you detonated your last one, firebases are easier to destroy when deploying, lag is much less of an issue (seriously, when I tried playing it, I must have had a ping of 200 every damn time), framerates don't go to <15 when there's a lot of stuff on screen (unless your PC is a toaster).

Every game of MNC I've had on xbox has been nigh unplayable with lag/fps issues alone. I honestly don't know how you do it (unless you're getting a lot of good games in your area, I think I was connecting to US hosts because EU ones were few and far between).
  18. teapot

It's okay I know. You guys are always "just saying" and "not trying to flame" lmao. You raw messiah guys don't need to get your panties in a bunch here.

Despite the huge disadvantages on xbox, I still feel certain players have the capability to outplay a lot of PC players. Not to any difference's in the game mechanics, but from skill, teamwork, and decision making. Feel free to think that's bullshit but like I said, I see PC players do some stuff that us Xbox players used to think were good ideas. Maybe your sniper will keep our heavies in check? Maybe our assassin will gremlin drop your ball?

I'm not getting into specific people, and they'd probably not be very best but I saw some familiar names. So you guys don't have to take what I'm saying as a personal attack.

edit: and now this turns into the PC vs Xbox thread all because I wished there was a cross platform capability that allows us to play in a fun tournament!

vlane : my computer wouldn't come close to handling this game. I'd need another computer just to game on.
    Last edited: July 31, 2011
  19. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You might want to actually play the game you know.
    Last edited: July 31, 2011
  20. teapot

edited my post from before, and can't understand yours.