Infinite build queue vs. one-time unit builds

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ORFJackal, January 23, 2014.

1. puppeh

puppeh Member

Cool, sounds great and in my opinion does feel like a solution which is fairly simple and intuitive. Look forward to trying it out :)
  2. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

Great ! Thank you !
  3. puppeh

puppeh Member

Just tried out the new build and it works great. I can even now setup my planned build loop with a few one time units at the front while the factory is still being constructed :)
  4. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

if you were here I'd give you a full-on kiss on the lips. nicely done, sir. you're my new favorite person. (i'm kinda fickle though).
  5. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

Can you update that link? I'd like to see what they said.
  6. puppeh

puppeh Member

I'm afraid Twitch will have deleted that VOD by now. From what I remember he briefly went over the problems faced in SupCom where factories had shared build queues and stuff, so was saying that while they had been thinking about it, it wasn't necessarily that easy to come up with a solution worked perfectly in all situations.

The good news for me was that shortly after this, they did implement what I had suggested in that priority queued units didn't get added to the infinite loop.

That is still the case, but they have made other changes to the infinite build process that I have found lately, such as units only get included to the infinite loop if you add them after infinite loop is switched on. (I haven't taken the time to test that though, is only from what I read someone else say. I tend to stick infinite loop on as soon as a factory is built, priority add some fabbers so they don't get added to the infinite loop, then setup what i want for continuous build)
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah I use this *all the time* :) It's amazing how few players know this is possible. Build factory, queue up infinite build whilst it's still under construction, then priority queue in a few fabbers or scouts or whatever that you don't need all the time.