In all seriousness...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by zarakon, March 19, 2011.

1. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

This, single player PS2 games were so much simpler. Ever since I started playing online games,it's always been nerf this, buff that, remove this other thing, haxor, etc.
  2. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Prettymuch that. I spend most of my time on subjects like this arguing that exact point - it's not broken if you get blindsided and killed by a sin or picked off by a sniper. That's how the stealth and long range classes are supposed to and have always worked in the history of everything ever.

Sure, a really good sin or a really good sniper will be a serious force on the field, but so will a good anything. People are just giant babies about lathering their spine up with gravy or being caught with thier head sitting on a buffet table. If there's a sniper, stay out of sight.

If there's an assassin, don't wander around alone out of position. Or just smash the spacebar like you have OCD and can't function unless your character is in mid air.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

You do realize that on most of the maps, that's the same as saying "Don't leave your base"
  4. Rogueblades

Rogueblades Active Member

The reason why snipers appear to be so strong is because of their, literally, infinite skill celling. There is always something a sniper can make better and a players ability to get headshots is never truly perfect. This, combined with MNC's general lack of covered arenas makes an accomplished sniper almost impossible to deal with. A good example of this is the difference between G3 and LazeRazor. G3 is a sniper's shooting gallery while Laze offers many ways to escape the FoV of the sniper. Although, in the end, a "quickscope" sniper like the one in MNC can theoretically win every fight ever no matter what.

Dead has the right idea. The classes, IN GENERAL, are fairly balanced. But maps need to go a long way before things like this are fixed. Cough * Developers tool kit * cough...
  5. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

G3 is the only map where i consider snipers to be the controlling force.

Spunky is to an extent but with a decent sin on the opposing team a sniper will be having a rough time up there. Most of the other maps are only a problem if they happen to have a pair of snipers who are actually decent.

In any case, he can't shoot all of you at once. If your team has an assassin who is any good, try asking em to take the sniper out. As an assassin myself i will happily oblige such a request. I've been known to spawncamp particularly troublesome ones.
  6. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

Ha, I smokebomb my way on top of those glass walls, then watch in fiendish delight as the sniper runs around, spamming grapple. :lol:

Depending on where his traps are in proximity of the sniper, I will either go for the grapple, or spam shurikans when the sniper goes to scope again.
  7. Tigerhawk71

Tigerhawk71 Member

Trolling the hell out of snipers is fun. The more time they waste on you the less time they're a threat to anyone else. Bonus points if they drop traps at thier feet instead of at the jump pads/etc.
  8. Brick

Brick New Member

a person in a video game complaining about snipers?

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what next, assassins?

grow a pair.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Not even in the same ballpark
  10. truckus

truckus New Member

maybe the OP is the assassin from Sunny Dove's rage sniper video? :lol:
  11. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Without sniper tank and gunner would be retardedly overpowered.
    sniper is my 3rd most killed class, would be first if there weren't so many retards playing sin/assault lately.