Improving the Tank's Options

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Cornstalk, September 1, 2010.

1. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Btw, I'd like to thank you all for the free railgun kills. This title is HOT. The 67 consecutive kills over 4 games was nice earlier too. Please buff my class so I can go even further positive! Make my railgun do afterburn damage (LOL!).
  2. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

3. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

broken link is broken
  4. OhGypsy

OhGypsy New Member

wow i left this thread a couple days back cause it was just some garbage users

and i come back and theres 5 new pages of more stupidity
  5. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Ok, enjoy playing your support
  6. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

In the actual spirit of the thread (especially since this is in the Wishlist section), I'm going to suggest a way to improve the tank's options. There's the slow down option with the product grenade choice. I'm sold on that one. But maybe we could try to improve the rail gun's middle range capabilities while decreasing its range. That way, the tank would be a bigger force to be reckoned with, but at the sacrifice of the map control given by the rail gun. What do you think?
  7. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Personally I would like it, the only people I can reliably hit at range are other tanks and gunners. Everyone else it just too thin (the lag doesnt help much either), bots are so big it wouldnt make a difference to blitz, especially since the map is so small.

That or maybe make the tank passive add burn damage as well as hp. Maybe have it get doubled by passive 3?
  8. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Doubled is a bit much, but it's a good idea.
  9. mipegg

mipegg New Member

You think? When I play assasain (badly might I add) When running away I barely see my hp move at all when burning, and thats as one of the lowest hp classes in the game. And again, bots dont burn thus no impact on blitz.

Alternatively, if anyones ever played dystopia. Make it like the ion cannon on that? Leave the damage as is at mid range, increase it up close and decrease it at distance?
  10. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

I just started playing more Tank recently. The dude's a beast and a lot of fun to play. If you want to buff him go ahead, but it's not needed.

I like charging in like :twisted: and have people be like :shock: .
  11. mipegg

mipegg New Member

And then you dieing before you get near any decent player
  12. Thebigcheese

Thebigcheese New Member

No I charge into them. They are dead at that point. Honestly if you think the tank needs a buff you are just bad at playing it. Sorry.
  13. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

The gunner has one really good skill button.... slam. His deploy is incredibly poorly implemented. By comparison the tank's deploy is awesome when used properly (and is worth upgrading). The tank also has the blind grenade which is sweet, and the charge which is very handy.

If you wanna fight people at close range buy charge 3 please. It knocks people over and you basically get a free kill. Watch a few tanks that know how to play and take notes. It's a good class for what it does. But you don't get medium range combat. Finishing a wounded target is fine but don't start a fight at mid-long range.

The tank is great at what he does and has very good skills.
  14. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Our charge is a close combat skill, the vast majority of combat is mid range. An assault can kill you before the charge is complete, let alone before you come out of it and try jet gun him.

Yet another 'l2p' noob.

You think? I love the gunners deploy, you just gotta use it right. Given you can still aim whilst deploying just make sure theres no sniper/support near you and its insane, accuracy and crit buff with a damage reduction? Yes please.

Slam is amazing, its like a charge but AoE

Grapple? Yea it sucks

Gunner passive? Absolutely insane.

Tank is great... at killing bots, hes a blitz character at the moment. It might become better when uber fix the absolutely terrible host system but Im doubting that.
  15. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Like I keep saying, the rail gun is amazing. Tank takes the most skill of any class, which is why most players don't like it. You have to have a good rail gun and you're pretty much set. If people run away, they die. If they get too close, they die. There is just one perfect range for an assault to kill a tank from and it's hard to maintain when the tank has so much health and can abuse cover.
  16. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Okay, assume that the tank is underpowered. He's exactly the way he is now, but everyone else has the capabilities to handle him with much more ease than other characters. What would you do to improve him?
  17. OhGypsy

OhGypsy New Member

i like how you base all your class matchups off the same situation:
    tank and assault in open area medium range apart

makes me lol
  18. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I think the patch will address most issues with hit detection, which can ruin the tank. I'd give him maybe a better deploy. I think he should do more damage or have a higher fire rate or be able to ricochet shots when deployed.
  19. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Sounds good. I've been thinking about a better deploy for the tank. Unless he were to get a whole new weapon set while deployed, I can't come up with any reason to even have a deploy for the tank. His jet gun range doesn't make deploy useful. I think that the jet gun needs to change when using deploy.
  20. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I for one think each class is pretty balanced, it's just about knowing your role, knowing how to handle your threat, i avoid tanks like the plague, unless i am behind one with my sword, free kill? I think so. The tank can cover a huge distance and with good support is an unstoppable juggernaut.