Improving the Tank's Options

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Cornstalk, September 1, 2010.

1. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Sometimes people just hit the nail on the head.

GO POSTING AT 5 IN THE MORNING, WOO!!!
  2. mipegg

mipegg New Member

I expect that uber will just pass it off as 'moaning' though. Im not really trying to have a huge go at them or anything but it seems like the game just wasnt tested, so many common graphic bugs and even massive gameplay problems. Nearly all of which come up in 1 game of crossfire are still here. Let alone the balance issues.
  3. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

See, there we go calling people idiots again. I didn't even say that your opinion was flawed, or that you couldn't play. While I don't agree with you, I never insulted you in the least. I only said that all opinions matter, and you should at least consider them. The reason the developers pass this and other potential problems is because of the way we go about them. The first post could be a logical set of steps that could fix a problem, but the thread derails into a flamefest. If I were them, I'd ignore a lot of it too.

There are a lot of issues with the game, but thankfully we have devs willing to fix them. I vote they focus on glitches and exploits that break the game first, instead of balance issues we're still very much fighting over and may not be as much of a problem. But it is still a very fun game, and they did a good job with it. The game just needs some polish, which will come with time.
  4. AssassinsGoneWild

The people saying learn to play kind of are idiots by not even taking into consideration how much less effort it (arguably) takes the other classes to do what the Tank does minus bot killing, and saying the reason we're asking for buffs is because we're just bad at the Tank. I'm sure you could somehow twist that around around and say I should be less of a smart *** in my post or something, but I'm giving out "meh" levels of caring right now.

Oh I just missed the point of your post didn't I, HAI GUIZ I WAZ JUST KIDENG WEN I KALD U STEWPID LAWL LETZ B FRENDZ BUFF TEH TANK!1111!!!11!!11!1
    I was about to come up with some sort of excuse as to why Uber hastily released MNC because it was their first game and they only reciev $15 per copy bought as opposed to $60 for a regular console game, but then I somehow deleted it, and rehashed it into his post.

So yeah, how's your morning been going?
  5. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Here's my point:
    You idiots have never played as a good tank against other good players of anything else. I do on almost a daily basis. You guys are making assumptions, whereas my points are tested from experience. The tank is amazing against other players. I've offered to show you guys.
  6. Zeromus EG

Zeromus EG New Member

You seem to be fixed in this opinion that if it works in competitive play then it doesn't need to change. Competitive play is way way different to what someone might do in a pub. You counter every point by going "lol l2p", "lol l2aim", but if someone can easily get better results with a Gunner with minimal effort compared to what's required with the Tank then that is imbalance.

But ofc "omg it works in competitive fine so yeah it's kwl, l2p nub".
  7. mipegg

mipegg New Member

My morning was actually pretty good. Got down for some training, hit a few PBs. Came home to a steak for lunch and then had a few non laggy games of MNC because i caught a case of 'crapus-server-itus'.

As for Shammas, he is a troll, right?
  8. Shammas

Shammas New Member

What I'm saying is that I and many good tanks still dominate with it in pubs, we're just normally in private matches. Making changes to the tank is a bad idea and would probably throw off the balance and cause more raging. What I'm saying is the tank is better than most classes, but it takes more effort to get to that point. It's called a skill gap.
  9. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Definately a troll
  10. AssassinsGoneWild

Here's our point, we know how to play just as well as you do, we don't care that you're an MLG tryhard, that doesn't make your opinion more valid than ours, and you're the idiot if you honestly think that. If you TRUELY are going to stick to that assanine logic, I'm sure any good player on the forums would wipe the floor with you if you played the Tank against them. That said, I'm not going to bother kicking your *** since I've already debunked your argument, we've already discussed how much the Tank sucks.

Also, since you're calling us idiots, I'm going to call you lint licker.

WHAT NOW COOTIE QUEEN?!?!?!

Read my quote, it shall show you the light.

TLDR, we know what we're talking about, stop trolling or I'll eat your face.
    Last edited: September 12, 2010
  11. Zeromus EG

Zeromus EG New Member

I can agree that it takes more effort to get good with the Tank but it's definitely not "better than most classes". It's either a slower sniper with less zoom and less power or a slower gunner with less range.

If anything they should buff the Tank just to give people something back due to the "more effort" required to get good with him. We're not saying "double his health, give his Jetgun infinite range and make his Railgun a OHK", though you obviously think that because we're all pub idiots and have no idea wtf is going on. WHAT DAY IS IT? ERhghhg.
  12. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

everyone just ignore shammas hes a dumb brit who relies on host to do anything i know cuz i played on his host once and the connection was pure **** while he grappled anyone comin out of our base
  13. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

lol <3
  14. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

This is why things don't get resolved. Carry on with your "discussion".
  15. mipegg

mipegg New Member

Ok, carry on crying in the corner
  16. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

I will, thanks!
  17. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Yes it was terrible with my 4.0 upload speed. Still, if any of you want me to show you how to play tank, I will. All I know is that if they buff it, some players will be so unstoppable. You guys are making a mistake trying to improve this already perfect class.
  18. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

a class isnt perfect if its intended main weapon is seen as gimp
  19. Shammas

Shammas New Member

There isn't any other weapon like the railgun. The sniper isn't as effective close up, and the tank has 3x the health of a sniper. I'm done posting until one of you plays me in an actual match.
  20. AssassinsGoneWild

Bye, have fun playing a gimped class, we're talking about the Jetgun primarily by the way, you must be new on this thread.

Oh, and giggle @ sniper not being effective at close range, I thought you said you knew what you were talking about.