Imperial Victus/Imperial Delta difference ?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by starstream2, March 21, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Lets hope!
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Check out the 'new' bmw 2 series... Not saying it's right but this sorta thing happens. I think this move might set a presidence for 'acceptable' changes however... On this basis modders can take any restricted com, tweak it ever so slightly then release it to everyone. I can't see how uber can say a lot against it after this...

Also based on brads comment about faction leaders... Isn't the progenitor a faction leader for the 'bad guys' in lore terms?
    Last edited: March 26, 2014
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

uhhh yeeeeeh
    the live stream where they revealed the delta for the first time.
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e0o1nQvAcZM#t=966
  4. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Exactly. The Victus and Delta are variants of the exact same commander. If a take a mech like an atlas (mechwarrior) and just change the weapon load-out, its still an atlas.

Is it now acceptable for us to take a custom backer's commander and change what cannon it has and tilt the solder flaps just a little bit and then release it as a new commander for all to use?

I say no to that and so does the community at large.

Uber may not have to answer to a big company on how to make the game, but they have it worse with PA, they have a community at large to answer to.
    This may very well be a double edged blade, but in this case it is a good thing as the community knows that Uber is capable of doing much better.

The down side is that the community is holding Uber to such a high standard that Uber has to play a very hard game of janga in order to live up to those expectations.