1. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

But it doesn't have to be that way and I just explained in many lengthy posts why exactly that is.
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I'm well aware that it doesn't have to be that way, and in fact I've been very public with my opinion that it shouldn't be that way.

Edit: And now you're acting in an accusatory manner and creating drama for no reason.
    Last edited: February 14, 2014
    beer4blood likes this.
  3. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

You're the one arguing against me here not the other way around.
  4. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

There is no strict build order. You have to experiment and taylor your build order to your strategy. If your a rusher , defender, or maybe your trying to get to orbit right away. I would watch replays and pay close attention to the economy. First understand the basics of the economy and just from that you will get better. What Im talking about his how to read the economy charts on top with storage and surplus. That always helped me. Also hotkeys are very helpful. If you ever see me in game pop in my room and I could give you some tips....
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

The opening build order is "identical every time or else deficient". However, it should be obvious what it is, you obviously need 3-4 eco structures to run a factory and by calculating that you would automatically build one without guessing or needing to learn. The factory is up to you honestly depending on situation, and the build order is only more flexible in team games because you can stack similar production or diversify factories between the players.

So it isn't boring. However, one could save someone an accumulation of 10 minutes at the beginning of 10 games if they just made those 3 eco structures "built-in" to the start eco or whatever. To diversify start builds after that, just make less start-zone metal because you get those 3 eco-structures of income built in, and then one could choose to build that metal that is there first or their first factory, and possibly besides that curve the game balance to where one could possibly start producing a few factories off start metal if start metal is farmed first while someone can spread out more with flimsy defences if they do only one factory first and just spend lone fabbers outwards.

That is a suggestion to make things more interesting, but there are a number of ways it can be done and it is up to Uber to first design absolutely everything else first and then come up with whatever numbers for commander-generated resources or whatever mechanic the egg is supposed to use or whatever they feel the game should be played.
    beer4blood likes this.
  6. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

The eco being "built in" is otherwise known as your starting resources.
  7. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

If you want we can practise together, we can meet on skype or on TS, whatever you prefer. But I wouldn't mind some friendly practice. You can PM me here on forums if you want to play.