1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

im talking about PVP
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

No you can't save in a MP game, but I honestly wouldn't understand why you would want too.

My longest games was about 4.5 hours on the largest map, and that's about as long as a game can reasonably get before my friends die to attrition in the meat space.

I have used this tactic a few times, eventually, even they must feed.
  3. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

that is what i mean from the video the guy was saying "its to big for pvp games and can't save them? never compleat a full game under a hour!"
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

That's a little strange, but in PvP? unless it between friends, you won't ever need to save mid way, your opponent will more then likely rather have you quite to win, then arrange a second play date to finish.

Especially if they are losing.
  5. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

-No saveing? bad RTS!

me: starcraft II- no saveing? bad RTS!
    supreme commander 2 (i think :p) no saveing? bad RTS![/QUOTE]

Screenshot2014-09-25 21_38_14.jpg

NOPE!
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

View attachment 21465

NOPE![/QUOTE]

you keep missunderstanding me it's PVP save
  7. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

Not even in the least actually, more disappointed with a mix of hopeful naiveté.

We are on the same page because I'm merely pointing out that they are not being objective due to the investment of time/money and desire for the game to be successful for entertainment purposes. In addtion, I am also pointing out that the score and the publisher is irrelevant. On the other hand, the common reasoning for the consistent overall negative tone of reviews are important. Yes, there will be outlier examples, such as not liking spherical maps but overall there is a consistent theme and common criticisms which is what I'm trying to direct the focus to be on.

Yes.
  8. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

In your first sentence, your dismissing people who have criticisms as naysayers; a nuisance who frequently engages in excessive complaining. You're already suggesting, from your vocabulary, that criticism is synonymous with whining which is a constant degrading theme throughout your response. Your demeaning example boils criticisms down to a child impatiently complaining for a feature that they do not have which illustrates your bias view of the subject matter.

Suggesting that this form of criticism takes its roots from the argument: development has stopped, is a straw-man. The fact that many are questing Uber's direction or resolve toward certain features is reasonable especially due to the fact that the company has been so silent on matters as of late. Suggesting that we should just trust them is to suggest that all we need is a little more faith. People, in general, should not faithfully believe in the comments of anyone with a vested interest in their own success. Criticisms entailing accountability for issues is logical when a company consistently makes undefined and ambiguous trust-me comments like: "probable", "we'd like to", and "hopefully".

Finally, unless I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure Brad's job description includes engaging the community and since he is not an integral developer your comment about spending time on the forums is moot.

Your entire comment was arrogantly condescending.
    elkanfirst likes this.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

If Uber wanted the thread to die, they could nuke it out of existence in an instant. In fact at this moment in time it's veering so far off topic in places that I'm surprised it hasn't been locked already.

The reason we ask for new threads for different discussions is that it prevents scenarios where we have 2 / 3 completely separate conversations occurring over the top of one another in one place. It's frustrating and hard to follow.

The only thing being deleted by moderators are posts that break the rules.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yes I state that criticism of the type "we should have feature X now" is synonymous with whining, as it is unproductive. How is uber supposed to react to that? They've said they are working on it. They are working on it. That's all that can be said and done by them. Uber can't say more than that without making statements that easily can hunt them later when they realize that stuff will work out in different ways.

You might discuss about the contents of what X should contain. That's a helpful discussion as it shows Uber what people would expect of that feature X.
    However just stating that feature X should have been finished before the release happened doesn't help with anything. It's done. Nothing will change it. X is in the making and asking for it to be finished yesterday won't make it release yesterday. Yes releasing the game before some features were ready was bad in my eyes as well.
    They should have not released before the server. But they did. It happened. They probably had reasons for that and they probably also have reasons for not explaining them into every detail. So no point in discussing pages and pages about stuff that won't change anything at all.

You just can't seriously expect a company that does iterative works on a computer game to make clear statements how some big feature in the future will look like and expect those statements to be true. Nobody knows the future.

EDIT:
    Also Brads job description probably also contains stuff like PR with people other than the forums, relations to the press, preparing media pushes, etc. The forums isn't the only thing by far. He is a single person working on the PR for a game that released a few weeks ago, it is easy to imagine he has a lot of PR stuff to do that doesn't include threads about people explaining Uber what mistakes they have done in the past.
    cdrkf, squishypon3 and cwarner7264 like this.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'm sorry but what RTS had save in PvP again?

you're a funny guy.

Starcraft are probably getting this feature soon in their next addon pack but in the meantime : http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/191399165
    igncom1 likes this.
  12. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

The word "they" at the beginning of my quote was referring to individuals in this thread, not Uber. This is clear when you include the quote I was referring to ... you took my quote out of context. Also, just from an argumentative purpose, so you are saying that I can post irrelevant fluff, completely unrelated to the topic, in threads and its ok?

I see you either 1. did not read my post or 2. did not comprehend it. That's not an insult, that is a fact, you did not reply to my post at all.
    Last edited: September 26, 2014
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you think so
    Geers, squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  14. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

that's my point! the guy was saying since PA does not have PVP saving its bad
  15. tatsujb

Neither does any other game. so all the other games are bad too?
  16. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Civilization V and most other 4X/GS games have save games for PVP.
    mjshorty likes this.
  17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That's because they take a significant percentage of your lifespan to play a game.
  18. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You mean turn-based crawlers? Once I literally watched a snail race on youtube while waiting for the game to progress.
  19. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

20. tatsujb

I actually played Shogun 2 FOTS for two weeks very intensively, we din't get to finish and had countless issues with getting it to work then loading the save files. We had to keep backups of old save files in case a newer one failed on us.

And it's not the same since it's not the AI taking place of the other player, the other player has to be there.