1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

One of these days they're going to realize that copyright laws made for a pre-digital age aren't gonna cut it and start fixing crap.
    squishypon3 and tatsujb like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's kinda funny to talk about this kind of topic in an international forums where different laws apply for all the people involved depending on their location. Though it's probably true that pretty much anywhere these specific laws are so f*** up that the majority of people does act on the premise "everything is fine as long as I am not caught and depending on how much I like a product/how much $ I have I'll probably pay for it".
    vyolin likes this.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Oh I can hardly wait. I'll be there.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Let's look at China's copyright laws. :D
  5. tatsujb

@squishypon3 can you guys please start using the tag feature now that we have it? I find it rather impolite to quote a bunch of people when you're only replying to one. (and it's really not up to you to determine if I might have been interested by the conversation or not).

read with extra smilies : :):):):):):)
  6. squishypon3

But that leaves what I responded to rather ambiguous, no?
    Last edited: September 24, 2014
  7. tatsujb

@squishypon3 what? I'm not sure that's either the correct grammar or use of that word.

either way just do it for me. you've done it before and I'm tired of it happening for year-old posts of mine that get responded to in a necro and then everybody jumps on the bandwagon without having the decency to edit their quote.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

If only you could like, edit the quotes or something! ;p

Mike
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. squishypon3

Haha, I get confused by it sometimes, often when I attempt it I break the quote altogether, buuut... I think I understand it enough to give it another shot. :p

Edit:

I meant ambiguous, autocorrect is a vile beast. :p
  10. tatsujb

@squishypon3 or, you know, not complicate your life and use santa's presents.

do you wanna make santa cry?
  11. n00n

n00n Active Member

It's not clear if your already aware but you can swivel the camera with control + move left/right (A/D if your using WASD).
  12. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

PA in steamcharts has dropped to the level before the release in 20 days, it certainlly doesn't hold the baseline.
  13. squishypon3

The level before release WAS the base line, again, every update there is a sudden surge of players, look at the steam charts, do you see those huge spikes? That's when a major update comes out! Like Beta, Gamma, and release. Or when Planet smashes were first implemented. After every spike the player count beings to settle down, back in the range of 800 - 1200 players.

Edit: Oh and see those miniature spikes? That's when a minor update comes out!
  14. squishypon3

It wouldn't let me edit my last post and add this for some reason, but hey, look at PA compared to TF2 charts.

Screenshot from 2014-09-24 20:10:21.png
    Screenshot from 2014-09-24 20:10:27.png

See a pattern, both in a month, both have a huge jump in player count... Then a very sporadic player count afterwards.
  15. ohhhshiny

ohhhshiny Active Member

When i look at ur charts, the only patterns that i see are day/nightcycles and the impression that player play a lil bit more on mondays and tuesdays, and that PA is constantly losing player.
    cptusmc and KNight like this.
  16. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

They want this thread to die because they are too emotionally vested in this game. They are past the point of rejecting criticisms with red hearings and have moved towards complete denial by ignoring it; hoping it will go away. Whats frustratingly hypocritical is that the forum administrators are also partaking.

Hopefully, the developers will look inwardly and not letting pride/ego get in the way, unlike some of the more voicetress members of this forum.

Agreed, there is a downward trend.
    elkanfirst likes this.
  17. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Well don't you seem worked up? Just to point out, some of the most vocal community members have been very inactive lately, especially after release when many of us were a tad disappointed with the rushed feel. Honestly, any of the older forum-goers could probably rip this game to shreds in a review, however we choose instead to defend it because we invested some money (for a few, more money that they likely should have :p) and yes, we are very emotionally invested in a game that we were active throughout its development, even holding conversations with the developers. Not to mention that many of us totally agree with many points of most of the reviews, we just don't like some of the obvious reasons for giving the game a a very low score; for example: not liking spherical maps.

I have purposely avoided pretty much all discussion on the reviews because I think the game is a 6-7, a bit higher than it's current meta-score, but not far off either.

Also, did you not notice the 14 other pages of actual discussion? The copyright stuff doesn't belong here, but a thread this long tends to get derailed significantly easier, so don't mind it so much, and for sure don't take something away from it that was never there to begin with.

Edit: partially fixed grammar/spelling/nonsense.
    ace63 likes this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There doing a quite great performance of ignoring the nay sayers and marching on through development right now.
    The best they can do really. "Why don't we have feature X now" and similar are just completely non productive critisism. What should the devs even respond to that apart from working on the feature(s)? It's been said many times: Development of the game has not stopped at all, all important features and probably more will come in time, but that's it. No point in engaging into any more discussions about it. Yes it sucks that we do not have all features that we want right now. But repeating again and again that it sucks won't change a thing. The developers spending all day on the forums to argue about such pointless topics would only massively slow them down.
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  19. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i can say this...

-No saveing? bad RTS!

me: starcraft II- no saveing? bad RTS!
    supreme commander 2 (i think :p) no saveing? bad RTS!
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

[​IMG]

NOPE!